Texting to Facebook
bobu1972
Enthusiast - Level 3

Can any one tell me how to text a status or pic to Facebook? i have an email address Facebook gave me,i used to be able to on old phone (Env 2) send a text or pic to that e mail address and it would post it to my wall.havent been able to do it with the kin two.

0 Likes
Re: Texting to Facebook
SydneyK
Master - Level 3

Can you do it this way, Bobu? 

(I copied the following from this article: http://www.pcworld.com/article/195924/13_tips_to_supercharge_your_dumb_phone.html. Keep in mind that premium messaging charges may apply for some of these services ... not sure about Facebook.)

Set Up Facebook Text Messages

Facebook has some limited services that you can use with almost any phone. Visit your Facebook Account Settings page and select Register for Facebook Text Messages under the Mobile tab. Once you’ve gone through the registration process, you can receive texts for friend requests, messages, wall posts, and your friends’ status updates. You can also update your own status via text message, and search for phone numbers for friends who have added their number to their profile. If your phone supports multimedia messaging (MMS), you can also upload photos and videos.

0 Likes
fisharefriends
Contributor - Level 3

Thanks Sydney. Yeah, your old phone was using Facebook's texting service, which has nothing to do with individual phones, all they had to be capable of was texting/MMS (and i'm pretty sure nearly all phones can do this....).

The Kin has no facebook app, if that is what you mean. It should still be able to do everything you did on your old phone though (assuming it wasn't a smartphone with a facebook app, or even some feature phones have social network apps these days). One thing to take note of: for some reason, you can't select emails to text on the Kin phones (from contacts), but you still can type the email addresses into the recipients bar. You may be able to send an email to a contact, where the email is the only info that the number has (no phonen numbers, in other words), but i do know you can't select an email from within the contact.

you can also access facebook through the browser.

0 Likes
bobu1972
Enthusiast - Level 3

didnt have a smart phone before,wasn an env 2.i did try sending to facebook with the kin by useing the e mail address facebook gave me saved in my contact.will have to try to maually type it in and see if it works.

0 Likes