Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Trouble connecting KIN Onem to my computer/Zune
heider

When I plug my Kin Onem to my computer it is not recognized as a Zune device. Every time I plug in the phone I get the 'found new hardware' message. I select the 'locate and install driver software' option (as the other options got me nowhere). I get a 'KIN installed' 'ready to use' message. The Zune program does not recognize it and I can not find any way to manually pair them. I am beyond frustrated at this point. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: Trouble connecting KIN Onem to my computer/Zune
SydneyK

It should work flawlessly. Are you within 30 days of purchase? Ask for a replacement and it will be a new device (vs. a refurbished unit after 30 days).

View solution in original post

0 Likes
SydneyK
Try this, since it's the first time connecting with Zune: Disconnect your Kin, then reconnect while Zune is open. This is all it should take. If you have further problems, you could try uninstalling and reinstalling Zune.
0 Likes
heider

Thanks for the response. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Zune and tried connecting the phone with Zune already running, and opening Zune after connecting the phone. I like the phone but these kinds of problems are driving me crazy!

0 Likes
SydneyK

It should work flawlessly. Are you within 30 days of purchase? Ask for a replacement and it will be a new device (vs. a refurbished unit after 30 days).

View solution in original post

0 Likes
dstor

These are pretty slim requirements..but I would double check and make sure your PC meets the minimum requirements. For most of us the connection with Zune was very very painless, so your problem is an oddity. Don't give up yet..

To get the most out of Zune, your computer should meet system requirements:

• A 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor

• 1 gigabyte (GB) RAM (32-bit) or 2 GB RAM (64-bit)

• *The Zune software won't work on versions of Windows earlier than Windows XP SP3.

It totaly sounds like a driver issue...what driver and why I do not know sorry.

dsto

0 Likes
SydneyK

Good point, dstor.

0 Likes
heider

I was afraid of that... I JUST finished getting everything else set up on my KIN.  :smileysad:

Thanks for your help.

0 Likes
dstor

So is it a RAM issue? Memory is pretty cheap these days. No matter what age you are or your financial situation..it may just be a matter of some time and persistance to save enough to give yourself a relatively cheap upgrade to your PC.

If it's service pack 3 issue..that's free go to microsoft web site and search for Service Pack 3 download and install it.

Fill us in and maybe someone can help you out!

dsto

0 Likes
Flauros

Make sure you lock the screen on your phone before connecting it. If I connect mine with the screen unlocked, it will start charging but Zune will not recognize it. If I lock it before connecting it, though, it works fine.

0 Likes
wrbryan

If you get Zune and it doesn't work, well, that's where Zune gets an F for execution.  You have to manually fix the driver.

I had the same problem. I followed this and it worked. I am using Vista.

If the Windows Device Manager indicates a device problem, or if the version of the device that is installed is not the current version, you must update the driver. To do this, follow these steps:

1. Right-click KIN or USB Device , and then clickProperties .
  2. Click the Driver tab, and then click Uninstall .
  3. If it is displayed, click to select Delete the driver software for this device, and then clickOK .
  4. Click the root computer icon, and then click Scan for hardware changes on theActionsmenu.
  5. Right-click KIN , and then click Properties .
  6. Click the Driver tab, and then click Update Driver .
  7. Click Browse my computer for driver software .
  8. Click Browse , locate the Program Files\Zune\Drivers folder, and then clickOK .
  9. Click Next .
  10. If you are prompted, click Install .
  11. After the driver installation is complete, click Close two times.
0 Likes