Trouble sending out email with E-mail "app"
JCCC

In order to not  paying any data usage, I called Verizon and have my data access blocked.  However, I still can receive MMS. I have no problem using wi-fi to check my  Yahoo email using the email "app" but I can't send any email out with the same app.   Please help.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Trouble sending out email with E-mail "app"
dizzy24
Enthusiast - Level 1

I followed the same instructions as dxn77 did - and it works now on my wife's phone!  We have even preprogrammed facebook and youtube emails so we can upload directly to them!  If you haven't already tried this, all you need to do is register for a unique email with both services and you can upload directly to your account.  Pretty sweet!

Yahoo's default settings must be screwed up, so use the imap directions at http://mobile.yahoo.com/mail.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
cscilley
Enthusiast - Level 3

I found out that this is a Yahoo issue.  My hotmail and gmail accounts send just fine.  It is Yahoo that has the problem.

Carolyn

0 Likes
Tower2925

I had the same problem. I think it is because my email is actually an att.net email run thru Yahoo.

I just deleted the branded Yahoo account on the phone and set it up as a POP account and it works fine now.

I used these settings: http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB401570

0 Likes
minmaster

so has anyone figured out how to actually send email using your yahoo account in the email app?

it seems like the message gets stuck in the outbox and it's impossible to send it out.

is it because you need to pay to upgrade yahoo mail to use it as POP mail?

0 Likes
lmanlo

Hello Has anyone been able to find a way to fix this. As my sister has the Kin Two m and also has problem sending email from yahoo through the email app.

Thank You.

0 Likes
Flugerbill

I had same issue with not being able to send emails via my Yahoo account (and no problem sending on Hotmail).  As previous post suggested, I deleted the pre-set Yahoo account, then set it up manually as POP account.  Here are the settings that worked for me, I can now send (and receive) on my Yahoo account via WiFi. 

Incoming Host Name: pop.att.yahoo.com

Outgoing Host Name: smtp.att.yahoo.com 

Incoming/Outgoing User Name: Full Yahoo email address, including domain (e.g., test@yahoo.com)

Password: Your password

Now tap the "Advanced" tab on the upper left and set up the port #'s as follows:  

Incoming mail port #: 995, secure connection (SSL) checked

Outgoing mail port #: 465, secure connection (SSL) checked

0 Likes
rich215
Enthusiast - Level 3

Another unrelated question besides using Yahoo, does sending email via the App on the home screen incur any fees if I only use WiFi and have my data block on?

0 Likes
ceridwen13
I think the problem with the pre-set yahoo choice is that technically you have to pay for YahooPlus mail in order to use pop mail with other programs like Outlook or Thunderbird (just look at the mail options on your Yahoo account). The preset choice in the kin must use some kind od loophole to get incoming mail.
0 Likes
dxn77

Flugerbill, thanks for your post. Your at&t profile didn't work for me, but I then went on Yahoo's email website and found this:

http://mobile.yahoo.com/mail

-> Click the "imap" tab at the bottom.

I never would have thought to set it up manually until I saw your post. Thanks again...I just sent out m first Yahoo mail successfully from my Kin Twom.

0 Likes
dizzy24
Enthusiast - Level 1

I followed the same instructions as dxn77 did - and it works now on my wife's phone!  We have even preprogrammed facebook and youtube emails so we can upload directly to them!  If you haven't already tried this, all you need to do is register for a unique email with both services and you can upload directly to your account.  Pretty sweet!

Yahoo's default settings must be screwed up, so use the imap directions at http://mobile.yahoo.com/mail.

0 Likes