Two-Part Text Message Issue
jmg263

When I receive a text message in 2 parts from a smartphone, part 2 of the message comes in not with  what the person typed but only shows 2 symbols in place of the actual words - usually a square and a @ sign.   So I am losing part 2 of all long text messages sent to me...  Please help!!!!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Two-Part Text Message Issue
Not applicable

jmg263 wrote:

When I receive a text message in 2 parts from a smartphone, part 2 of the message comes in not with  what the person typed but only shows 2 symbols in place of the actual words - usually a square and a @ sign.   So I am losing part 2 of all long text messages sent to me...  Please help!!!!

Good morning!

I know the frustration of not receiving a whole text message. Typically when you get that empty square it indicates that there are special characters in the message. Is it possible to obtain a screenshot of the senders second message? When the message gets broken up into segments, there is still a maximum of 1120 characters supported.

Please advise more info so I and the community can be of more assistance

Thank you!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Two-Part Text Message Issue
Not applicable

jmg263 wrote:

Good morning!

I know the frustration of not receiving a whole text message. Typically when you get that empty square it indicates that there are special characters in the message. Is it possible to obtain a screenshot of the senders second message? When the message gets broken up into segments, there is still a maximum of 1120 characters supported.

Please advise more info so I and the community can be of more assistance

Thank you!

0 Likes