Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Two-Part Text Message Issue
jmg263

When I receive a text message in 2 parts from a smartphone, part 2 of the message comes in not with  what the person typed but only shows 2 symbols in place of the actual words - usually a square and a @ sign.   So I am losing part 2 of all long text messages sent to me...  Please help!!!!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: Two-Part Text Message Issue
Not applicable

jmg263 wrote:

When I receive a text message in 2 parts from a smartphone, part 2 of the message comes in not with  what the person typed but only shows 2 symbols in place of the actual words - usually a square and a @ sign.   So I am losing part 2 of all long text messages sent to me...  Please help!!!!

Good morning!

I know the frustration of not receiving a whole text message. Typically when you get that empty square it indicates that there are special characters in the message. Is it possible to obtain a screenshot of the senders second message? When the message gets broken up into segments, there is still a maximum of 1120 characters supported.

Please advise more info so I and the community can be of more assistance

Thank you!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Two-Part Text Message Issue
Not applicable

jmg263 wrote:

Good morning!

I know the frustration of not receiving a whole text message. Typically when you get that empty square it indicates that there are special characters in the message. Is it possible to obtain a screenshot of the senders second message? When the message gets broken up into segments, there is still a maximum of 1120 characters supported.

Please advise more info so I and the community can be of more assistance

Thank you!

0 Likes