USB Drivers for Kin
mcdietz
Enthusiast - Level 3

I just got a new Kin ONEm and TWOm.  Both phones have been activated and work fine, except for when I plug them into a computer using the usb cord.  I have tried both phones on multiple computers and every time the computer adding new hardware, but has a problem and does not finish.  On a windows 7 computer it says that it could not find the drivers needed.  When I try on a Windows Vista computer it says that it could not find the drivers and that I should insert the cd that came with my device, but I didn't receive a cd.  I have searched online for drivers but have not found any.  Was a supposed to get a cd or is there someplace to download the driver?  Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: USB Drivers for Kin
gkamieneski
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am pretty sure you will find that the usb drivers get installed as part of the Zune software install.  The software itself is available for download free from MS.  You are not required to open a Zune account.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
gkamieneski
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am pretty sure you will find that the usb drivers get installed as part of the Zune software install.  The software itself is available for download free from MS.  You are not required to open a Zune account.

0 Likes
michaelslw
Enthusiast - Level 3

you can't connect the new kin onem/twom as usb to the computer. none of the system will recognize it.

you HAVE to have ZUNE SOFTWARE installed then connect them to your computer to sync media files only (videos, music, podcasts, photos) using Zune--kind of like iTunes to iPhones.

if you have a mac, i heard zune is releasing mac version soon, or try this: http://www.markspace.com/kin/

0 Likes
mcdietz
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes, once I installed the zune software it works just fine.  Thanks.

0 Likes