Unable to activate
Qwozz

I just recieved a used KIn Twom and I planned on using it to replace my Cosmos Touch. I was not looking for a smart phone so I figured the Kin Twom would be perfect since it did not require a data plan and was simple enough for me. When I tried to activate it online it says "Your Device Change request failed and cannot be completed online. Please contact Customer Service" and the same thing when I call *228, I don't understand why this is happening. If someone could please help out that would be greatly appreciated.

0 Likes
Re: Unable to activate
jp66
Enthusiast - Level 3

If customer service can't help you activate it without a data pakage, then they sent you a Kin Two not a Kin Twom. I received a Kin2 as a replacement for a defective Kin2m and had to return it for another.

0 Likes
Qwozz

I am pretty sure this is the Kin Twom since it doesn't have the spot or the loop. It also has the calender and calculator. I would be pretty upset if I can't get this phone to activate without a data plan considering that this phone is advertised not needing one. 

0 Likes
RTFM
Contributor - Level 1

Just a shot in the dark....you don't happen to be upgrading from an Alltel phone do you? I went from an Alltel phone to the KIN Twom, and whenever I want to reactivate my old one or go back to the KIN, I have to call customer service and give them the MEID. They do something to the computer records, then I can activate using *228.

Depending on what you're coming from, there may be something like that going on here.

0 Likes
JoeL_VZW
Verizon Employee

The Activation process should work smoothly for you. I just activated a Kin2 M on my brothers line without a data plan yesterday. I would gladly help if you are still experiencing issues. Do you get a error message when you dial *228? Please make sure the Cosmos Touch is powered off and any other active device that was previously associated with the mobile number. Once those devices are powered off please retest by dialing *228 and following the over the air prompts. Please let me know if that works.

Thank you

0 Likes
Qwozz

Thanks for the response, I tried it again but I am still getting the "I am sorry but we are unable to activate your phone at this time" message when I try to do it over the phone. 

0 Likes