VZW store is not able to transfer the phone/address book from env3 to Kin 2m.
KinVktm

VZW store is not able to transfer the phone/address book from env3 to Kin 2m. They said have to transfer from the VZW backup assistant web site to Kin site and then to Kin 2m. Not sure how to do this. Hope I didn't do mistake to upgrade to Kin 2m.

0 Likes
Re: VZW store is not able to transfer the phone/address book from env3 to Kin 2m.
fisharefriends
Contributor - Level 3

I'm pretty sure it will work. From what you are saying, it sounds like you talked to a sales rep that had no idea what they were talking about. Yes, backup assist is the normal way verizon phones are supposed to transfer contacts. However, for whatever reason, it doesn't work for the Kin phones. When they told you to use backup assist, it is because they didn't know of that flaw, and just assumed what normally is hte reason for other phones. With these phones, they have to direct-link the phones in-stores to a separate machine and to each other to transfer them. What i would do, is try it again, but you have to let them know that you know it is possible. Verizon has done a very, very poor job in informing its employees of this phone. You will find that you know a lot more about it than their own employees will. At worst, that store you went to didn't recieve a software update (it was circulating about a month ago, so i would think all stores have it by now), and you should try another one if there is another close by.

Also, make sure the store you are going to is an actual Verizon store, not just a mall mini-stand or a reseller such as best buy or a mall universal phone selling store, etc.

If you need more info on the Kin phones, i made this FAQ that hopefully answers your questions, albeit it is very long.

Kin TwoM: Review, FAQ, Q&A, troubleshooting, etc.

0 Likes
Re: VZW store is not able to transfer the phone/address book from env3 to Kin 2m.
sdowney717

"Also, make sure the store you are going to is an actual Verizon store, not just a mall mini-stand or a reseller such as best buy or a mall universal phone selling store, etc."

so true!

went to one of those and they could not do it.

So went to a real verizon store and they did it.

transfered contacts from LG envtouch to a kin2m

took a couple minutes

0 Likes