WIFI Email
Harley000

Does anyone know if you use the Email "app" while having WIFI on, will you be charged data?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: WIFI Email
SydneyK
Master - Level 3
You won't be charged, as long as you're sure you're using Wi-Fi and not 3G. The email app does in fact work with a data block on the account.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
SydneyK
Master - Level 3
You won't be charged, as long as you're sure you're using Wi-Fi and not 3G. The email app does in fact work with a data block on the account.
0 Likes
heckflosse

Can you explain how to setup email to work over WiFi? I have a data block set, and in doing so, none of my accounts are able to sync over WiFi. I removed and re-setup the accounts, but it still does not work.

0 Likes
SydneyK
Master - Level 3

heckflosse wrote:

Can you explain how to setup email to work over WiFi? I have a data block set, and in doing so, none of my accounts are able to sync over WiFi. I removed and re-setup the accounts, but it still does not work.

A data block should not prevent your e-mail from working over Wi-Fi. But you may have an issue with your router settings. Does your phone indicate you're connected to your Wi-Fi network, but your e-mail won't sync? Typically, the browser doesn't work either when this happens and you get a DNS error.

There are a few things you can try. The easiest is to reset your router by unplugging for several seconds and plugging back in. You can also open the Wi-Fi network's settings on your phone and selecting "Renew Lease." Other than that, there are router settings you can adjust through your computer, but I haven't done that. There are some threads in this forum about this topic though ... you may just have to go back a page or two.

I hope you get this resolved soon.

0 Likes
heckflosse

I'm beginning to realize that it's just plain finicky. It worked for me this morning at Panera. I'll have to take a look at my router at home to see if that's the issue.

FWIW... when I've NOT been able to sync my email, I HAVE been able to browse the web.

The other odd part of this is at Panera this morning, I could check my IMAP mail, but the built-in Hotmail and Yahoo Mail services would not work... strange.

0 Likes