Re: Watching youtube videos on kin onem and twom
Plasticman

I have checked my router settings but cannot see any way to access the ports. I have a Belkin g unit. I will check if the ports can be accessed from within Win 7. Will advise if any success

0 Likes
minmaster

gimme your belkin model name/# and i will find you a guide on doing RTSP port forwarding.

0 Likes
minmaster

HA! so it was my ISP!!!
today, i changed providers from DSL to cable modem and now i can load youtube videos!!!
i'm so happy i finally figured it out! (even though quality sucks...)

i'm pretty sure RTSP (port 554) was previously blocked by verizon DSL because now it's working fine with cable modem internet!

0 Likes
minmaster

btw, the easiest way to try getting mobile youtube to work if you suspect it's the router that's the problem is to put your phone (private IP, usually 192.168.0.xxx) on DMZ, so that it has NO firewall restrictions.  this is how I am able to get RTSP to work on both my phone and desktop PC (only 1 device at a time though).  for now, to watch mobile youtube i have decided to leave my phone on DMZ.

If you don't know your phone's IP to assign in DMZ settings, first find your phone's MAC address by going into settings -> about your phone -> Wi-Fi and match those number in your router to see which IP is assigned to that MAC address, under DHCP.  now take that IP and put it in the DMZ field, where you are allowed to assign just 1 device to be exposed to the internet.

load up your KIN browser, go to m.youtube.com and click on the videos to see if it will play.

for me, it will play as long as i leave my phone on DMZ.  as soon as i disable DMZ or assign another computer to it, mobile youtube stops working.

0 Likes
minmaster

i found an easier way to find your IP:

settings -> wireless controls and then click on the router that you're connected to. it should take you to a screen that shows your IP address.

that is what you can put in the DMZ field where they ask for the IP.

0 Likes
pinay_027

Hello... my Kin Two allows me to play youtube videos over Wi-fi but I can't hear the sounds.  Even if I connect the headset on, I still can't hear anything.

Please help.

0 Likes
dmacizdman

I tried the m.youtube address and it doesn't work for me.

I've tried regular Youtube and it always says it can't play the video.

This kind of sucks because one of the reasons I bought the Kin OneM is because of WiFi and being able to watch videos.

Has anything new come of this? Or am I SOL?

0 Likes