Website requires smartphone data plan
butterfunky
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just recently purchased the kin onem online and am waiting to receive it. I was told by customer service that the phone is still a smart phone so I was forced to buy a data plan with it. If I call customer service upon receiving the phone and ask for them to remove the data would that be possible since it seems I got a misinformed rep? Also, if I block data on the phone will I still be charged the $15 data plan fee even though it is blocked?

If anyone knows the answer or can help it's much appreciated! Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: Website requires smartphone data plan
gkamieneski
Enthusiast - Level 3

This has already been going on for a week now.  How long is it going to take to remove this mandatory choice?  The first section of choices already covers the feature phones data possibilities.

0 Likes
mizzblondie0789

Its false advertising and does require a smartphone data plan. I believe they would have fixed this problem by now if it wasn't but who knows.

0 Likes
butterfunky
Enthusiast - Level 2

If it's false advertising wouldn't verizon have to honor what the website says until they fix it??

Also, i still want to know if i call for a data block if i have to pay for data still?

0 Likes
SydneyK
Master - Level 3

MizzB, if you don't mind me asking, on what are you basing the data plan statement? The reason I ask is when I called customer service, the rep scoffed at the suggestion that this phone would require a data plan.

Original poster: I would call back to talk to a different CSR. But technically, yes, if you blocked data on a phone that required it, you would still have to pay for the plan. Good luck!

0 Likes