What is the correct way to wake this thing up?
RugerRedhawk

Usually I just hit the 'power' button or whatever it is on the corner of the phone. Most of the time just hitting this once wakes it up instantly. Sometimes though, hitting it does nothing even if I try again a few times. I then usually have to hold the power button until the 'turn off' dialog pops and wakes the phone up. Is there a certain method for waking that should always work?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: What is the correct way to wake this thing up?
RTFM
Contributor - Level 1
It depends on what I want to do...

If I'm going to use the querty keyboard to send a text or something, then I just open the slider. That wakes the phone and takes you right to the home screen.

If I don't need the keyboard, I usually press the "back" button on the front of the device. That brings up your wallpaper (or the default if you haven't loaded your own) and you then swipe diagonally from the little turned up corner of the screen to get to the home screen. The power on/off button seems to work the same way, but I find it's a little harder to hit -- probably by design.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
RTFM
Contributor - Level 1
It depends on what I want to do...

If I'm going to use the querty keyboard to send a text or something, then I just open the slider. That wakes the phone and takes you right to the home screen.

If I don't need the keyboard, I usually press the "back" button on the front of the device. That brings up your wallpaper (or the default if you haven't loaded your own) and you then swipe diagonally from the little turned up corner of the screen to get to the home screen. The power on/off button seems to work the same way, but I find it's a little harder to hit -- probably by design.
0 Likes
RugerRedhawk

Hmm seems like the simple answer. I swear that on my phone the back button sometimes didn't work for waking it up... I'll have to go back to it again, maybe I wasn't hitting it all the way or something. 

0 Likes