Yes, another KIN Twom WiFi question
Sanidan

I see that folks are having mixed results with wifi internet on their twom.

I can get a wifi connection on the phone (only tried at home so far) but web pages do not load -- as if there's no connection!  I  leave my wifi open -- no wpa, no wep.  My other devices connect fine.  In fact, I'm on one now.  Can't imagine how enhancing security will make the kin work any better.

The only reason my daughter picked out this phone is so that she could have wifi (internet w/o data plan).  Could somebody provide a helpful answer?

0 Likes
Re: Yes, another KIN Twom WiFi question
galaxyrising

Have you tried manually connecting? The easist way to do this is when the phone is unlocked, tap the clock on the bottom right. On the menu that comes up, tap the top box which has your signal information. Under Wi-Fi, tap the connection you wish to connect to.

0 Likes
Android10
Contributor - Level 3

Power the device off and then back on. 
1 Tap a network to connect to it.
2 If required, you’ll be prompted to type a password. Networks secured with passwords display a padlock next to their signal strength.
3 You can manually connect to a network that’s not listed by tapping Other.
4 Once connected, you’ll see the connection status below the Wi-Fi setting name, and when you open the Dashboard you’ll see the connected signal strength in the top row.
5 If you tap the connected network on the Wireless settings screen, you can choose to forget this network, which means you won’t connect automatically when the network is in range. If you want to check or update the IP from the access point, tap renew lease.

0 Likes
ks_26

Try clicking on the network, then clicking renew lease. I noticed that the KIN's wifi is alittle buggy. When you check the connection, the wifi bar is full but all the dns, etc says 0. Hitting renew lease fixes it. 

0 Likes
seebonbon

OR reboot your router.

that one worked for me.

0 Likes