Youtube videos- No sound?
AriesKitty

So I have just gotten my new Kin twom. I tried to play a couple youtube videos on it, using Wifi, but even though they loaded the sound didn't work. I tried turning the sound up but it still did not work. Any help? I'm sure it's just my lack of experience with the phone. 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Youtube videos- No sound?
kinner
Enthusiast - Level 1
Hi Anthony, Thanks a ton for any help. On sites like grooveshark and pandora I get an error msg saying that my browser is not compatible. However, on www.theonion.com I can got to their videos section and see all the videos with audio, no problem whatsoever. Thanks again for looking into this.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
kinner
Enthusiast - Level 1
Hey folks, I'd like to bump this thread. I've had my Kin TwoM for about two weeks, I really like it. It's my first non-bare bones phone, and I'm enjoying all the new (for me) features. This bug mentioned by the OP is the only one I have come across. I can load the videos from youtube just fine, they play back, however they never have audio. Not thru the speakers, not through the headset. My volume is all the way up, and I have recorded video with the phone and played it back, with audio through the speakers, no problem. I routinely listen to the radio and music thru the headphones. I am accessing youtube exclusively through wifi, by the way. I have a data block on my line and never use 3G. Overall, I find the browser and wifi experience to be very usable. If anyone has figured out this problem, I would be super appreciative for any tips or suggestions. Thanks in advance.
0 Likes
AnthonyTa_VZW
Verizon Employee

kinner,

Yes, it would be a much better experience if you were able to hear what you're streaming on Youtube!  I would be more than happy to look into this for you!

On your KIN TWOm, have you tried to access any other music streaming sites, to see if you can hear the audio?

Let me know how that works for you!

0 Likes
kinner
Enthusiast - Level 1
Hi Anthony, Thanks a ton for any help. On sites like grooveshark and pandora I get an error msg saying that my browser is not compatible. However, on www.theonion.com I can got to their videos section and see all the videos with audio, no problem whatsoever. Thanks again for looking into this.
0 Likes