google docs - viewing PDFs in KIN twom
SteveGmanPA

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned in previous topics but the KIN twom browser can manage the google docs viewer and view PDFs and other docs within the google docs webpage.

0 Likes
Re: google docs - viewing PDFs in KIN twom
dstor
Enthusiast - Level 3
I don't knoe if it has or not but I am glad you did! That's pretty sweet. I need to set up a google docs account. Good Stuff! Thanks!
0 Likes
SydneyK
Master - Level 3
I have not read about this anywhere. Thanks for posting it!
0 Likes
Re: Google docs - viewing PDF in KIN twom
dstor
Enthusiast - Level 3

Been using Google Docs this week. Not too bad. . It really does come in handy. I can upload some things I have written and view them on the go. I can do a little mental editing so that when I get back to writing..I;ve got a good idea of the changes I want/need to make. 

It isn't perfect, but it sure does increase the functionality of my KIN TWOm. Thanks for the tip/reminder!

(p.s. If you leave a doc open in the browser you can view later even if you are not connected to a WiFi network)

0 Likes
Limestone

Thanks for sharing this. It does work! Well with some limited success. It seems like not all of the Google browser buttons work for me, particularly the navigation buttons in the upper right hand corner of the screen. Also, I tried to view a 2.5 MB, 20ish page document. It seems that in order to "store" this for later viewing when not in Wi-fi range, I'd need to view each and every page beforehand to save it to the browser's cache. I haven't tried that yet so perhaps the cache is not big enough.

0 Likes
hockyfan

As an aside/addendum, if you log in to Gmail via the web browser (as opposed to using the e-mail app that comes with the phone), you can simply click an e-mail attachment (either document, or a PDF) and it will open it up right away in the browser (presumably using Gmail's "view" option when clicking a document). Very useful!

0 Likes