hotmail email app inbox outbox sent etc are ok... but what about my other custom inbox folders?
sdowney717

I have rules that organize my email into folders separte from my inbox folder. these folders dont show up in the folder list on the kin. Then I wont be able to ever read those emails from the kin.

so what do you do?

0 Likes
Re: hotmail email app inbox outbox sent etc are ok... but what about my other custom inbox folders?
fisharefriends
Contributor - Level 3

I don't really use the email app, but i did try it when i first got the phone. I have a gmail account, and when i imported it, everything worked fine, including sorted folders. What probably is happening, is your sync options are only set to sync the past week, or a set amount of time (if you told it to sync all your mail, i would bet it would take forever for the phone to actually sync), and those subfolders don't have any mail in them within that time-frame. Or, it is just a problem with hotmail, because gmail worked perfectly for me. To be honest, i don't like email apps, i'd much rather just log on through the browser. That would be a sure-fire way of having it work.

0 Likes
Re: hotmail email app inbox outbox sent etc are ok... but what about my other custom inbox folders?
sdowney717

is there some kind of import feature??

I also have gmail, are you saying that your subfolders in the inbox showed up?

0 Likes
fisharefriends
Contributor - Level 3

Yeah, check your email settings. they're not too hard to set, theres only 2 or 3 of them. how often to sync, and how many days back to sync are the only real 'settings'. And yes, my gmail subfolders all showed up (at least the ones that had mail within the period that i set the phone to sync)

0 Likes