kin 1 microphone not working
doydoy25

I can hear people fine, but people can not hear me.

My bluetooth is off, wireless off, mute is not on, i took out the battery multiple times it still doesnt work.

at first it was crinkles/static noises, but still useable. Then people could not hear me at all. I have noticed lately, if i blow on the mic for about 10-30 seconds people can hear me again, but it would still be very static/crinkle noises. 

0 Likes
Re: kin 1 microphone not working
JohnB_VZW
Verizon Employee

I'm sorry to hear you're having audio issues with your Kin 1. It will be my pleasure to assist you.

By what you've described it seems that the speaker on the phone may be defective. If your phone is still under the warranty we can replace it at no cost as long as there is no physical or liquid damage on the device. Please send me a private message with your name and mobile number so I can access your account and see what options are available to you.

If there is physical damage and you have insurance then you would need to contact Asurion at 888-881-2622 to file an insurance claim. Please keep in mind that you would be responsible for the deductible. Click here for additional information regarding the insurance and how to file a claim. 

0 Likes
pWilly86

Hello,

I'm having the same trouble as this poster with my microphone. I've pulled the battery, checked that Wifi is not enabled and still having trouble.  I can hear callers but it's as if the mute button is on when I try to speak.

0 Likes
psdantonio

I too am having problems with my microphone except I have the Kin TwoM. Just two days ago it stopped working for no appararent reason, I hadn't dropped it or anything. What's weird is that when I speak into the phone I can hear my own feed back, so the microphone can't be totally broke, the voice just isn't being transferred to the other caller. I've tried all the steps listed and like the poster right above me states, its like its on mute mode, because there isn't any sound whatsoever on the other end.

Anyways, it is odd and I think it is a bit peculiar that it is happening in multiple instances at the same time. Do you think it would be possible just to reset the phone rather than have to get a replacement? (and how would you go about doing that?)

0 Likes
AnthonyTa_VZW
Verizon Employee

psdantonio wrote:

I too am having problems with my microphone except I have the Kin TwoM. Just two days ago it stopped working for no appararent reason, I hadn't dropped it or anything. What's weird is that when I speak into the phone I can hear my own feed back, so the microphone can't be totally broke, the voice just isn't being transferred to the other caller. I've tried all the steps listed and like the poster right above me states, its like its on mute mode, because there isn't any sound whatsoever on the other end.

Anyways, it is odd and I think it is a bit peculiar that it is happening in multiple instances at the same time. Do you think it would be possible just to reset the phone rather than have to get a replacement? (and how would you go about doing that?)

Hello psdantonio!

Looks as though you've tried a number of troubleshooting steps, and haven't yet found a fix.  I would be happy to help.  I wouldn't suggest resetting the device being that it appears to be a mechanical defect, not software related.  Please reply to my direct message with the requested information so I can further assist.

0 Likes
dandingo

I am also having the exact same problem as the others in this thread.  I'm going to PM you my info to see if this can be fixed.

0 Likes