Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kin one frozen messaging
yerg

I have a kin one and i dropped my phone recently, and the last message that I recieved before dropping the phone is stuck at the bottom of the conversation. It wont move up with the conversation, simply the conversation is built on top of it. It is really annoying because i have to scroll up to read my messages. I tried deleting to conversation but when I try to start a new conversation with that person, it brings up the old messages (it wont delete the messages for this one person, but it did deletes the messages for all of my other conversations). I also tried taking the battery out of my phone multiple times but that doesn't work either. At the moment i'm trying to drain my battery completely and then recharging it to see if that helps.

Any advice on what is wrong?

0 Likes
Re: kin one frozen messaging
ChristinaB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi yerg!

I use messaging a lot as well, so I understand how important this is to you. What is seems like is that when the phone was dropped, that message was stuck on the screen and cannot be removed. 

You may want to try a master reset of the device, since that may be the only way for you to get the message to go away. Before doing so, please use the USB cable to connect your device to the computer and back up your data, since it will be lost in the reset. Please follow the steps listed below. 

Menu

Settings

About Phone

Erase Phone Data

OK

If this does not work and the message is still there and cannot be deleted, then it's most likely the damage done by dropping the phone is not repairable. 

Please post back and let us know your findings. Thanks very much!

0 Likes