Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kin two m- PLEASE REPLY WITH HELP IMMEDIATLEY!
tc1101

I downloaded the Zune software on my computer for the KIN two phone. I downloaded and am using the free 14 day trial. I plugged my phone in with the USB cable, and dowloaded some music. Then i unplugged it, and all the pictures from my cell phone are on thE COMPUTER! and now all the pics on my phone are gone. I tried to download them back on to my phone, but it wont work. PLEASE HELP!!!

0 Likes
Re: kin two m- PLEASE REPLY WITH HELP IMMEDIATLEY!
fisharefriends

I really don't see how this is an urgent problem..but nevertheless..

When i transfer pics from the phone to the computer (it auto-syncs) it doesn't auto-delete from the phone, so i don't know what settings you may have in the software. Scroll through the menus, and see if there is any setting regarding that. As far as transferring back to the phone, it is a drag-and-drop system, just drag what you want to put on the phone, to the phone icon in the bottom-left corner.

Again, Zune has been discussed on these forums numerous times, if you spend the time to do research before asking, it will save you (and other forum browsers and posters, for that matter) time and more often than less, you will find your answer. Only after that, is it really reasonable to post a separate topic (not to mention, it makes looking through the forums to new readers a ton easier..it eliminates clutter and duplicates).

Here's a link to previous post i made about the zune software, regarding syncing and Zune navigation:

http://community.vzw.com/t5/KIN/Does-KIN-TWOm-w-o-data-plan-have-a-transfer-software-to-get/td-p/340...

another Zune thread:

http://community.vzw.com/t5/KIN/Zune-and-windows-live/td-p/376738

0 Likes
MojaveMoon_

Here's a theory.

We bought a Twom and spent a few days evaluating its features including the Zune software.

At the beginning of installing Zune, it asks you if it you want to perform a normal installation or custom installation. I chose custom installation and made screen captures of some of the steps of the installation process.

This was one of the steps:

LINK YOUR ACCOUNT
Linking your Zune account to your phone will let you sync Zune Pass subscription music when you have wireless connectivity, and allow you to download marketplace media using your phone.
- Skip for now
- Link my Zune account to my phone

Since you said you're using the Zune Pass trial subscription, the above wording could be interpreted to mean that the photos on your phone were considered to be content that the Zune software should download to your phone.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, as fisharefriends said, there is a setting that you could play around with to see if in the future that will prevent the Zune software from transferring [without your permission] photos from the phone to the computer. During the installation of Zune, there was one of the steps:

CHOOSE SYNC OPTIONS
With "Items I choose", drag items in your collection to sync them with your device.
Any changes you make to these items will be mirrored on your device. When you delete something, for instance, it will be removed from your device as well as your computer.
To keep things on your device that you've deleted from your computer, choose manual sync.
MUSIC / VIDEOS / PICTURES / PODCASTS
- All
- Items I choose
- Manual

After the installation was complete, there a menu in the Zune software where I was still allowed to change the sync setting to "All", "Items I choose", or "Manual"

0 Likes
MojaveMoon_

I have a third theory concerning your difficulty with transferring pictures [back] onto your phone.

I observed a behavior about the Zune software and the Kin that I found a little exasperating.

0 Likes