problems with Messages and Missed Call Logs
RescueEMT911

I was wondering if anyone else sometimes has a problem with the missed calls log and the messages section.. it seems that as I scroll down sometimes the persons name will show up and sometimes its like it dosent find the contact and just displays the same persons phone number and no name.. it seems to really mess up if you scroll through the logs.. Also I have found that when I open up a conversation in messages the same thing happens, the same person, same conversation, and some have the persons name and picture while others just have the phone number.. very weird.. All my contacts are in the phone correctly with all contacts having the area code on them.. am I the only one to experience this problem or is this something that happens to other people at times?

0 Likes
Re: problems with Messages and Missed Call Logs
RescueEMT911

this phone seems to be pretty slow processing even for a basic feature phone... When you go to messages and go into a conversation with a person.. it will sometimes show you the way it should look (You called "names" mobile) and then you can exit out go back in later and some display correctly while others just say (You called 716-444-4444) so obviously the phone is just not processing fast enough at times to recognize the number as being one of your contacts or favorites..so it displays differently at different times.

Also I have found that your contacts need to have the area code before them for the phone to recognize it as a number of one of your contacts on an incoming call..unfortunately if you open up the dialer then and dial the number without the area code the phone will not put it in your calls log or messages log that you called a contact..it will just log the number you called.. 

this is started to become very depressing.. has anyone else experienced this or do you think it is a problem with my phone? This is my second Kin Twom but I don't remember the first one having this weird logging problem.

0 Likes
qwerty42

I've noticed it on mine too, but it rarely happens. I've just assumed it's a software bug that we have to live with :s

0 Likes
RescueEMT911

I do wonder if it is a software bug.. I got one heck of a headache today.. first I called tech support about the problem, who sent me to the verizon store over here, 2 techs looked at the phone and it was doing it alot, said the phone was def. having problems, they in turn said they would give me a new phone but do not have any, so I had to go home and call verizon tech support again, who continued to have me erase and reset my entire phone, losing everything, just to reenter some contacts and verify the problem still existed.. after all that finally they said they were sending out a new phone because of the problem.. I swear I think they should start sending me a paycheck..lol I seem to be doing this stuff way more than I even talk on the phone.. anyways from what the techs said at the store and the higher level techs on the phone said that the phone is indeed malfunctioning.. hopefully the new phone will be ok.. keeping my fingers crossed!

0 Likes
fisharefriends
Contributor - Level 3

It could be a bug..i know mine for sure show up, all the time. Even shorter numbers, i have various numbers that are short code-numbers, like google (466453), and so long as the number you entered is EXACT to the number in the contact, it will log it under the same contact.

But yes, the processing method does load these things relatively slow. It isn't the processor itself; the Kin phones have a 600 MHz processor; the top-end android smartphones only have a 100 GHz processor. The problem is how microsoft programmed it, where loading hte names is highly inefficient and slow. Also, i'm sure you've noticed, if you flick-scroll screens really quickly, the loading of hte scroll will be really slow. It is just a terrible OS process that microsoft created for the phones. Hardware-wise, it should be plenty fast enough to handle any of it. Nevertheless..i compare this to my old phone, which wasn't touch screen, and its auto-scroll was slower than clicking hte 'down' and 'up' keys quickly, and this scroll, even when going slow enough for hte screens to fully load, is tons quicker. So, i am satisfied. This phone is all about comparison; if you came from an old-school phone like me, you will be satisfied. If you are down-grading from a smartphone, then you will quickly notice its deficiencies, and wonder "why, microsoft?" on its shortcomings.

0 Likes