removing a web link on my "desktop"
eidling

I replaced the screen on my daughter's Kin Two M.  Somehow (and I would love to know how if anyone here can tell me)  she has a little picture of facebook message on her desktop (the main menu one can click on).  If I click on it, it takes me to mobile facebook.  I would like to delete it (It is not a favorite on her browser - I was able to delete that) and, if possible learn how to put something there I would tend to go to frequently - like gmail.

thanks!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: removing a web link on my "desktop"
RTFM
Contributor - Level 1

Like many sections of the KIN, if you do a "two finger tap" on the home screen, that puts the screen into edit mode where you can move the apps around. When you're in edit mode, any favorites that have been pinned to the home screen will show an "X" in the upper right corner. Just tap the X to delete that favorite. Make sure you remember to two finger tap to get out of edit mode when you're done. Otherwise, you'll start moving apps around when you didn't mean to.

Adding a browser favorite to the home screen is similar to adding it to the browser screen. When you're on the page, tap the address bar to bring it down, then tap the star at the right end of the bar. That gives you a choice to add to favorites or "Pin to apps".

View solution in original post

0 Likes
eidling
Spoiler

still interested in anyone offering answers.  I decided to wipe the phone clean of everything and that did it.

0 Likes
RTFM
Contributor - Level 1

Like many sections of the KIN, if you do a "two finger tap" on the home screen, that puts the screen into edit mode where you can move the apps around. When you're in edit mode, any favorites that have been pinned to the home screen will show an "X" in the upper right corner. Just tap the X to delete that favorite. Make sure you remember to two finger tap to get out of edit mode when you're done. Otherwise, you'll start moving apps around when you didn't mean to.

Adding a browser favorite to the home screen is similar to adding it to the browser screen. When you're on the page, tap the address bar to bring it down, then tap the star at the right end of the bar. That gives you a choice to add to favorites or "Pin to apps".

0 Likes