update kin one to onem config
osarafian1

What is/are method(s) for updating kin one operating system to one-m os?  alternatively, is there a method of updating start up config to skip the attempt to login to kin site and other setup routines?  I bought a used phone a couple weeks ago w/o understanding that updates might not be avail.

0 Likes
Re: update kin one to onem config
dstor
Enthusiast - Level 3
That's a great question. With original KIN's service being stopped, I assume there may be a few of these popping up here there. Are these folks going to be able to update to the new OS?
0 Likes
AntonioC_VZW
Verizon Employee

No software update is needed to activate the Kin One device you purchased a couple weeks ago. The main difference between the Kin One and the Kin One-M is that a data plan is no longer needed for the Kin One-M device. For more support with your Kin One device please refer to the link below:

http://support.vzw.com/system_update/kin_one.html

AntonioC_VZW

0 Likes
SydneyK
Master - Level 3

If I'm understanding this correctly, the OP bought a previously owned Kin One, the original model, and wants to put the Onem software on it.

0 Likes
osarafian1

Howdy,

SydneyK is correct; I've activated and am using the device.  I would like to use the phone primarily as a phone-text device (like the Onem) and it seems too dependent on 3G and the internet to do this easily.

When the phone is powered on, it requires revisiting and cancelling thru setup screens (or fidgeting with Cap - Alt - L) and then arriving at the mostly nonfunctional Loop and Spot.

So, I would like to disable any original function that is attempting to obtain unto me access to websites.

0 Likes
lavender
Enthusiast - Level 3

i don't know if this would help but maybe you can try contacting personal communications devices (1800-229-1235). i've called them for tech support on my phone and were pretty helpful... 

0 Likes
osarafian1

Thank you.  Will try PCD Tuesday after the big President's Day Sales are over.

If no go, will tough it out.  I should concentrate on suppressing my whinny of disgust when I have to power on my phone in public.

0 Likes
lavender
Enthusiast - Level 3

good luck!!

0 Likes
osarafian1

No luck at PCD.

Oh well.  Disappointment is my constant friend.

0 Likes
SydneyK
Master - Level 3

No hackers on Howard Forums who can do this for you?

0 Likes