Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
why can't i download ringtones, files, and apps over WIFI?
raveenamc

I just got the KIN TWOm yesterday. I loved the phone but I am confused over this issue.

I do not have the data plan but I am connected to the WIFI in my house. I can go on youtube, facbook, google, and other websites but when I try to download an app or a ringtone online, it doesn't let me. Why? Also, when I tried to download the Gmail app for the phone is says that "This file can't be downloaded.". Help?!?!?!?!

0 Likes
Re: why can't i download ringtones, files, and apps over WIFI?
covcreek

You can't download apps on this phone.  You don't need to download a GMail app to get your mail.  Go into Settings > Email and setup your Gmail account.

If you have your ringers on your computer, you can email them to yourself.  Hopefully you have a microSD card in the phone you are transferring them from so you can get them on your computer... or compose some and email them to yourself at

myphonenumber@vzwpix.com

There is a link somewhere on this forum to the PDF of full instructions.  The only hassle with this phone is that you can't transfer contacts.  Once you get through that, it's a great phone!  I turned the roaming off on my phone to make sure I don't incur data charges.  I also turn the wifi off when I'm not near a connection so I don't waste my battery looking for a connection.

You can use the Zune software to get your music and pictures on the phone.  That was pretty easy.  Hope this helps!

0 Likes
raveenamc

Thanks! :smileyhappy:

So once I email them to myself, I can download them and save them as ringtones?

0 Likes
gkamieneski

Best that you know that turning the roaming off will not stop you from using data from VZW.  You need to request a data block either directly or do it yourself.  You can also disable data from the service menu.

0 Likes
sdowney717

yes, block that data! or you use mb. $1.99 per mb

http://www.myxer.com/make/

upload music to here and they send it to the phone as a ring tone for free.

0 Likes
vjdpk

Someone on these boards mentioned "phonezoo".  I used it and it works.  I have downloaded both ringtones and pictures ALL FOR FREE!

PAllenT
Awesome! That was helpful for me too. Thanks!
0 Likes