3G won't work
arichter1428

I have been a Verizon customer for almost 10 years. Haven't had any issues until I got the Revolution. I have had the phone for a few months and just now I can't seem to connect to 3G. Everyone else I know that has Verizon gets internet EXCEPT me. I have deleted any apps that are task killers, taken my sim card and battery out, but none of this has worked. I am highly disappointed in the fact that I am spending money to have internet access and Verizon is not holding up their end of the deal by fixing this issue.

Also, my phone will shut itself off randomly for no reason. It can be charging, sitting on my desk, in use....it doesn't seem to matter. I use my phone as my alarm clock so this is a situation that needs to be corrected ASAP.

I am obviously not the only person across the United States having these issues.

Please help with any other suggestions!

Thanks!!

0 Likes
Re: 3G won't work
arichter1428

Also, I have wi-fi at home so I can use that while I am there. I just checked for updates and there aren't any new updates available.

0 Likes
Re: 3G won't work
ArnettH_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello arichter1428,

The LG Revolution is a VERY impressive 4G smartphone with a ton of features! We want you to be able to take advantage of all the wonderful abilities that this device have. May I ask what city & state are you in? I can check to see if there any network enhancements being done in your area that may be effecting your signal. Also, may I ask you to provide the software version, kernel version, and the baseband version on the device. I have posted some troubleshooting steps for you to try on the device to have this issue resolved. They are as follows:

• Turn off bluetooth and wifi in the settings menu.
  • Uninstall any apps used to manage data or task managers.
  • Remove the battery & SIM card from the device while the device is on. Reinsert and power up to update PRL.
  • Verify how many bars of signal are showing and what type of signal. (4G, 3G, 1x)
  • Perform factory reset on the device. (See link below)

http://support.verizonwireless.com/clc/devices/knowledge_base.html?id=41381http://support.verizonwireless.com/clc/devices/knowledge_base.html?id=41381

Prior to completing a factory reset, it is recommend to back up your contacts, using backup assistant, and your calendar entries, using your Gmail account. Videos, music, and pictures can be saved on your memory card and be removed from the device. Once you have completed the reset, there is a tutorial that will help with the device activation and setup process. Once this process has been completed then please test all voice and data services for functionality prior to downloading any 3rd party apps. Please reply to this post with your findings if you need additional assistance.

Thank you...

ArnettH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes