After Update: Dropping Calls, Phone freezes, and more Force Close messages
SV23

Hey everyone,

Just wondering if there is anyone else who has noticed after the update that there has been more dropped calls? Do you chalk it up to the phone trying to switch between 3g and 4g? I normally have my phone on the wifi setting (free wifi on my college campus---saves using my data). Also I've noticed recently that the phone will tend to freeze up once in a while to the point where I have to shut the phone off and reboot.  Also I have been getting more error messages using most (if not all) my applications [Pandora, facebook, games] with the only option to force close the program.

Is there any solutions to these annoying little problems? Trying to have a conversation on the phone is virtually impossible without the connection being dropped (have a record of 6 dropped connections in one conversation).

Any help would be appreciated!:smileyhappy:

0 Likes
Re: After Update: Dropping Calls, Phone freezes, and more Force Close messages
gobucks821

I've also noticed the force close message happening since upgrading to the new software.

0 Likes
Re: After Update: Dropping Calls, Phone freezes, and more Force Close messages
Not applicable

Hi SV23:

You've listed a number of issues that you are experiencing after the software update, and I would like to help you resolve them.   If the force closes seem random, it's likely due to some corruption of the software post-update. Most people can resolve software-related issues via a factory reset.  This rules out all of the applications that could possibly cause conflictions with the device.  If the phone force closes after a master reset and there are no apps on it, we may need to look into replacement options for the device. You can contact the warranty center directly at 866-406-5154. 

Please list any troubleshooting steps that you've completed, and post any updates.

Thanks,

0 Likes