Android 2.3.6 upgrade
GaryA73
Contributor - Level 1

Anyone else get the upgrade yesterday/last night?  I think mine came through at about 9:30pm EST, but I was out and my battery was low.  So I plugged it in when I got home and started the upgrade after a bit.

2.3.6 seems to be much better than 2.3.4.  Battery life has been greatly extended.  Unplugged for 15 hours, still have 64% left.  Web browsers seem to respond better - I previously had a lot of issues with them lagging/freezing/crashing/causing the phone to reboot.

To see if you can get the upgrade, go to settings, about phone, software update, check new.  It's Android 2.3.6, Verizon software version VS910ZV8.  I have had a lot of regrets buying this phone, but I think this upgrade has changed my mind.  Time will tell...

0 Likes
Re: Android 2.3.6 upgrade
tremontij
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hmm. I wish mine would hurry up and update! Maybe that will make my coverage a little better. Hopefully. I checked in my phone the new software update but, of course, it said "no new updates found". Maybe within the next day or so!

0 Likes
Re: Android 2.3.6 upgrade
slawson1779

My LG Revolution updated to the new software last night.  It looks pretty, but ONCE AGAIN this damn phone's internal memory mechanism has malfunctioned.  This is the 2nd one of these I've had since last August, and unless there's some magic fix for it that can fix it I may pull my old Blackberry out of the drawer or go back to that inefficient, piss poor customer service hell hole we've come to know and love as a Verizon store. 

I remember when I signed up for Verizon, the service you got in the store was great.  The employees were knowledgable about all of their products, and it wasn't just the sales force.  The techs, customer service reps, etc...  were all versed in handling any issue.  Verizon has lost sight of what made them America's largest and most reliable network to try and increase bottom line even more.  Eventually, the greed will cost them.  Yes, I'm annoyed about this phone.  The battery life is terrible, I had wondered why mine kept rebooting, now I know from reading this forum and now I've got the Internal memory scanning issue again, which because of that keeps me from being able to send photos, videos, sound or anything. 

0 Likes