Animated messages
dalano73
Enthusiast - Level 2

Animated messages will not play on my Revolution, is there a way to fix this or an app I can down load that will allow them to play?

Thanks

0 Likes
Re: Animated messages
Not applicable

Dalano73, thank you for your inquiry about animated messaging. I will need a few more details to assist. Are you getting an error message when playing animated messages? Can you see the video, but not hear audio or vice versa? Try sending yourself an animated message from VZW's animated messaging site. Are you able to play this message? If so, it may be an issue with the particular message you were trying to receive. The format may not be compatible with your phone. If the VZW animated message doesn't play, we need to do more troubleshooting. 

dalano73
Enthusiast - Level 2

There is no error message, and I have been having friends send me animated pictures so that I can try to figure it out but when someone sends me a message that’s animated all I get is a picture and no movement.  I just sent myself an animated message from VZW's animated messaging site and when I clicked on the play symbol nothing happened, it was just the photo.

Wildman
Legend

The stock messaging app does not support animated files, download Handcent to be able to veiw these files correctly....  I believe the stock app restricts this to increase security reasons but 3rd party apps should function fine,,,   This isnt a situation with just your device, basically almost all Android device I have used has this option disabled.

0 Likes
dalano73
Enthusiast - Level 2

Nothing has worked so far, so I will just deal with it or go back to my Black Berry. Plus the constant restarts are staring to upset me with this phone..

Thanks..

0 Likes
alanb4130
Enthusiast - Level 3

{please keep your posts courteous}. Most of the issues that I have read short of factory defects can be solved by actually learning how to use the device or learing about how an android phone works.  :smileyvery-happy:

0 Likes
dalano73
Enthusiast - Level 2

{please keep your posts courteous}

You don't know what I have tried and how long I have been tring to figure it out myself. Don't trash someone else because you think you know it all!!!

0 Likes