Re: Another phone bites the dust.
chajolm
Enthusiast - Level 3

Sherita -

I've done everything the troubleshooting suggests. I've done that process with every phone. It's a hassle but I've done it with this one as well.

I believe the main problem is with the refurbished phones. I was just unlucky with the new one that had the dead spot in the screen. I assume that almost all the new ones are good. The only apps I install are some games. I like Real Racing 3. Some guitar apps. Amazon apps. That's pretty much it. I don't use it too much except for plugging into an amp for guitar students to play along with music from either youtube or my library.

I just had the phone in the store today and they could even see that the condition of it is flawless. Looks new. Not a single scratch on the screen or a nick on the edges. I do not abuse my stuff at all. As for people that chime in saying they've had there's for - insert time frame here - and haven't had any problems.... Great! I wish I could say the same.

Anyway, I was told by a Jo, in a customer service chat that I could go into a store and there would be a note on my account regarding exchanging my phone for a new one of a different brand. Obviously it would also need to be a similar price, but a new one, not a refurbished.

Well, the manager shot that down and offered me a 16gb Droid Maxx. I already knew of that option. 16gb's is not a comparable phone. Mine is 32gb's and that's almost not enough. So I asked if they could do the 32gb and he said no. I asked if I could just get the HTC One since it is the same price as my LG G2, he said, "let me check the price." Then, he came back and said, "Yeah, we can do that for you." I said, "Excellent, let's do it!" He said, "But it'll cost you $499!! I thought that was very rude. I didn't get upset at all and just left the store. I actually felt bad for the gal that was helping me since she was very nice and I had taken up a lot of her time where she could've been selling someone a phone that would give her commision. Instead she got to witness her manager be condescending towards me.

I equate this to getting a new car and having problems. When you bring it in, instead of fixing it they give you a used car. After so many used cars, your warranty runs out and you're stuck. I feel like I'll just be stuck with a broken phone soon since my warranty is up in a month.

It would be nice (I know, unlikely) to have someone just tell me to pick out a comparably priced phone and do an exchange. Can you do that for me?

Anyway, thanks for your desire to make things right. To those that have had zero problems with their G2's.... I'm happy for you. It's an excellent phone. Too bad I've had a run of bad luck that has made me lost interest in owing anymore LG  products.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

I must be honest here.  I haven't had problems with the phone, only the updates to the operating system that Verizon has sent for download and install.  Each replacement was flawless and worked until the next update.  If you have warranty, replace it free.  Even if your phone was repaired it would still be refurbished after the repair.  It's the best thing I can suggest.  Good luck.

chajolm
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks for the suggestions, Snn5. I know that you have had issues as well but mine haven't been a result of updates. I'm not just somebody trying to get a "better" phone. I just lost hope in the refurbished G2's. I really thought that after my chat with a rep yesterday that when I went to the store today they would come through. I was wrong. Oh well. I'll keep trying. It's not that big of a deal. I'm not upset with Verizon so much. Well, a little since I just spent hours yesterday and today trying once again to get a different phone. Like you said, I'm just wasting my time. You're probably correct but I'll try until they flat out say, NO WAY or they decide that it's really not that big of a deal to make this customer happy. I'll probably just wait out the contract and start using my ipad for guitar lessons again. It doesn't work as well since I like having the data option when I don't have wifi available but I'll be ok. At that point that contract is up; I'll just go back to some cheap prepaid phone. Unless of course Verizon comes through.

Snn5
Legend

You'll be presented with either Early Edge (no) or a cert pre-owned, again not what you'd want Id guess.  Good luck.

chajolm
Enthusiast - Level 3

I would've taken the early edge for the Droid Maxx if it was a 32gb model. 16gb is just not enough. I'm sure the phone is not as good as the G2 but I was just hoping I would have better luck. Anyway, the 32gb was not an option.

Snn5
Legend

Yeh, they dropped the 32gb and added the 16gb red model.  Its a bit dated at this point as well and the camera is in no way even close to the G2 camera.  Not to mention the "always-on" mic and cpu cores is creepy.

chajolm
Enthusiast - Level 3

I know the camera won't be close. One thing I really liked was the material on the Maxx. They did have the black model and it had a rubbery black back. Perfect grip and it looked nice. I wouldn't need a case at all with that phone. The G2 is super slippery so I have to use a case.

Snn5
Legend

Yeah I have the white in a glacier/gray Otterbox defender.  there really arent any good resolutions to the issue, not cost-effective anyway.  Ride it out and by then plans and prices will have become a bit more competitive.

Not applicable

Snn5 wrote:

I must be honest here.  I haven't had problems with the phone, only the updates to the operating system that Verizon has sent for download and install.

Every update I have has worked just fine.

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

Go for another replacement.