Any solutions to phone shutting off?
bulldog69
Contributor - Level 2

It's been over a month now that I posted about phone shutting off and then powering back on and now it does it at least daily.

My wifes Revolution did it on Sunday for the first time. Needed directions to a car dealer while on the road and when she was ready for the navigation to give directions it shut down so I had to pull over and wait for reboot, this is getting to be a real pain in the rear. We were using Google maps which works good and she has only a few added apps on her phone.

0 Likes
Re: Any solutions to phone shutting off?
chrispythor

I have had 2 replacement phones and they all have done it. Send complaint to BBB, I did.

0 Likes
KinquanaH_VZW
VZ Employee Emeritus

, I understand how much of an inconvenience this can be, especially when your in the midst of using an application. I researched your issue and found at this time we do not have a fix for it but have reported it to our product team and they are working on it because its now a known issue. I do recommend keeping cache and cookies cleared because it enhances  your use of other apps and keeps them from stopping and slowing down your browsing speed.YOu can clear cache and cookies periodically, The steps are listed below: 

• From the Home screen, select Apps.

• Select Browser (under News & search).

• Select the menu icon (lower-left corner).

• Select More.

• Select Settings.

• From the Privacy settings section, select Clear cache.
    Note Visited website content stored on the device. The cache enables the browser to download only the content that has changed since the last time a website was visited. Since the browser only downloads changed content, pages are loaded faster.

• Select OK.

• Select Clear history.
    Note A listing of URLs (website addresses) that have been recently visited.

• Select OK.

• Select Clear all cookie data.
    Note Cookies are used to store information that helps personalize the Web browsing experience. Cookies may contain information including: website preferences, login settings, shopping cart contents and more.

• Select OK.

0 Likes
BigCam

I don't mean to sound like I'm argueing or picking a fight, but clearing the cahce on this phone doesn't help speed it up. The cache is part of the 2gb slotted for app sotrage, 10-20 mb's makes no difference on a 2gb partition.

0 Likes
DionM_VZW
Verizon Employee

BigCam wrote:

I don't mean to sound like I'm argueing or picking a fight, but clearing the cahce on this phone doesn't help speed it up. The cache is part of the 2gb slotted for app sotrage, 10-20 mb's makes no difference on a 2gb partition.

Greetings BigCam! Hey, that's a good call! I certainly understand why you would say that. The reason for clearing the cache far less about making room in the memory than is is about purging corruption. If an application isn't functioning correctly, we clear the cache of partial or inaccurate data in the pursuit of correcting it. 

0 Likes
wildcatphoto
Enthusiast - Level 2

I, too, have a phone shutting off.  I got a new one, and it does it also.  It shuts off for no reason, when it is not being used.  And won't come back on without removing the battery and all that.  Pretty soon, the back probably won't stay on.  This is not acceptable.

0 Likes
hmoore04

I've had my phone for a few months and it started shutting off only a couple weeks after i got it. It does it all the time and sometimes several times a day. It is very annoying, thought about getting another one but from the sounds of it that doesn't help.

0 Likes
ksbeckw

I have been having the same problem. If they cant get it fixed soon we should all be entitled to new (different) phones this is ridiculous it cut off in the middle of a phone call today...that is just too much!!

0 Likes
bulldog69
Contributor - Level 2

ksbeckw wrote:

I have been having the same problem. If they cant get it fixed soon we should all be entitled to new (different) phones this is ridiculous it cut off in the middle of a phone call today...that is just too much!!

Now since the Gingerbread update I have a hard time hanging up from calls, doesn't respond and on Pandora it is slow changing channels or songs plus Pandora will shut off while playing a song and then I have to turn it back on. Another problem is when I want to go back to home screen it is slow with showing my widgets and the weather screen with time on it

0 Likes