Automatic Email Notification
EMT_R
Enthusiast - Level 2

Is there a way to receive automatic notification when I receive a new email?  Right now I have to go to my email and do a refresh to see if I've received new email.  I would like to be notified whenever a new email arrives.

I can't find a setting or an App that would do this.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Automatic Email Notification
EMT_R
Enthusiast - Level 2

After many conversations with the Verizon Wireless folks, I am starting to believe that the LG Revolution, as a smart phone, is pretty stupid.  If you want any email account other than Google, you will have to constantly MANUALLY refresh your email ... the LG Revolution won't do it for you.

It seems that almost all other 4G smart phones can do this.  So, I'm going to suck up the $40 restocking fee (almost as bad as the airlines) and get a phone that really works.

If anyone is thinking of getting an LG Revolution, don't!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Not applicable

What a great question! Email notifications are on the most striking features of the Lg Revolution.  To answer your question directly: yes there is a way to set up notifications for your new email.  You can take the following measures to get your email set up.

Email Setup: Allows user to set up Email services.

Setting up First POP Email account -Note: this option could be completed during initial setup.

1. Touch Email
  2. Select type of desired email account
  3. Enter desired email address and password
  4. Tap Next
  5. Device displays checking settings and displays "Your account is set up"
  6. Give this account a name (optional)
  7. Enter the desired Email address and Password then touch Next.

Additional POP Email accounts

1. From the home screen, touch Email
  2. Touch New account
  3. Touch desired email account type
  4. Touch Other or Exchange ActiveSync
  5. Enter new account email address and password and tap next to complete

Edit Mail Settings

1. From the home screen, touch Email
  2. If multiple accounts tap desired account to enter email box
  3. Display should be in existing email box, touch Menu
  4. Touch Account Settings
  5. User will see below options:
    1. Title
    2. My Name
    3. Signature
    4. Number of mails to sync
    5. Change login settings
    6. Email settings

I hope this helps. Thanks.

0 Likes
EMT_R
Enthusiast - Level 2

It did not work! 

I am using four (4) verizon.net email accounts.  All email accounts are already set up.  In trying to set up for automatic new incoming message notification, I went used the following path:

Email icon >

(select email account) >

(touch) Menu >

(touch) Account Settings >

(touch) Email setting >

((touch) "New email notification" check box (check box is checked)

Unfortunately, I still need to MANUALLY REFRESH each email account to see new emails.

There should be a way that the LG Revolution should, on a scheduled basis (e.g., every 15 minutes or every 1/2 hour) poll my email accounts and download any new messages.

I am running Android version 2.3.4  and SW version V S910ZV7.

What do I need to do to have the LG Revolution poll my email accounts on a periodic basis to pull in new emails? .

0 Likes
EMT_R
Enthusiast - Level 2

After many conversations with the Verizon Wireless folks, I am starting to believe that the LG Revolution, as a smart phone, is pretty stupid.  If you want any email account other than Google, you will have to constantly MANUALLY refresh your email ... the LG Revolution won't do it for you.

It seems that almost all other 4G smart phones can do this.  So, I'm going to suck up the $40 restocking fee (almost as bad as the airlines) and get a phone that really works.

If anyone is thinking of getting an LG Revolution, don't!

0 Likes
TFC1943

Why am I getting Notifacation@verizonwireless? then it don't say anything else, so what is the point of e-mailing Me this in the first place?

0 Likes
jmonqt

I have my Revolution set-up with Gmail, Yahoomail and my office MS Exchange. They all send notifications when I receive a new email. The instructions above are correct.

The problem I am having is once my retrieve interval hits the selected amount of time (30 days) it stops retrieving any new emails for a few days. Not sure why that is happening.

0 Likes