Battery Life LG Revolution
bobmcc81

This may not be a 4G issue at all but I've read alot about 4G being the ax murderer of batteries so I thought I would start here:

I'm trying to find any other tips to get more battery life out of my new phone. I went from 24 hours of standby time on a 5 year old blackberry with moderate usage to about 5 hours of battery time on very light usage brand new LG Revolution. Below are my settings:

LG Revolution

Purchase 8/13/11

Charged phone overnight with OEM charger (Not 12V)

Unplugged at 5:30 am

Sent two text messages

8:23 am down to 2 battery bars

Settings

4G

Wireless & Network

Mobile Networks

System Select

Network Mode

_______LTE / CDMA

__XX __CDMA Only

Display Brightness – Automatic

Vibration

Haptic Feedback off

Vibration ringer off

Bluetooth – Off

WiFi - Off

Mobile Hot Spot - Off

ActiveSync – Off

GPS

Verizon Location Services - Off

Standalone GPS Services - Off

Google Location Services – Off

Priscilla,

I need your help. This Revolution battery is killing me :smileyhappy:....Part of th ereason I went with this phone is you felt the bat life would be better than the thunderbolt. Wow I can't imagine what the Tbolt is like.

Any tips or help you can give me would be appreciated.

Here is my efforts thus far:

Phone purchased 8-12-11 

Charged phone overnight with OEM charger (Not 12V)

Unplugged at 5:30 am

Sent two text messages

8:23 am down to 2 battery bars

Settings I have studied from the Verizon website and various Internet sources:

4G - off

Wireless & Network

Mobile Networks

System Select

Network Mode

_______LTE / CDMA

__XX __CDMA Only

Display Brightness – Automatic

Vibration

Haptic Feedback off

Vibration ringer off

Bluetooth – Off

WiFi - Off

Mobile Hot Spot - Off

ActiveSync – Off

GPS

Verizon Location Services - Off

Standalone GPS Services - Off

Google Location Services - Off

0 Likes
Re: Battery Life LG Revolution
bulldog69
Contributor - Level 2

I have phone set like yours and when around house I charge 3-4 times a day. Check email, check and comment on Facebook  maybe 4-5 texts and usually no phone calls and it dont take long for phone to drain. I keep auto Sync and background data kept off which really helped. When I first got phone and kept on phone would lose 20-30% with no usage over night.

0 Likes
Re: Battery Life LG Revolution - RESOLVED
bobmcc81

Thanks Bulldog for the reply, I feel better about mine now.

After a couple hours of research on the internet I decided to take it in to the VZ store and I got a great Android app guy. After switching around alot of settings and watching the usage he determined it was Advanced Task Killer application that was causing the drain.  Apparently it sits and monitors processes running and that takes processor time.

I used ATK on my tablet because killing running task seemed like a logical good thing for computer resources but on the phone it was a battery deal breaker. After removing it I'm getting an easy 24 hours out of a charge. Activity is maybe 10 text messages and a couple facebook updates, nothing intensive.

Bob

0 Likes
ChristinaB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi Bulldog69,

Have you checked if you have Advanced Task Killer downloaded? If so, have you removed it? Was this successful in changing the results for the battery?

If you did not have Advanced Task Killer downloaded, there are applications out there that will tell you what is using your battery. It could be an application that is constantly running, it could be an application that is left running accidentally, etc. I recommend going to the Application Market and doing a search on the word "battery." This may help in determining the cause. 

I did check my references and I am not showing that what you describe has been reported as a known issue. 

Please post back with any results. 

Best regards,

0 Likes
bulldog69
Contributor - Level 2

ChristinaB_VZW wrote:

Hi Bulldog69,

Have you checked if you have Advanced Task Killer downloaded? If so, have you removed it? Was this successful in changing the results for the battery?

If you did not have Advanced Task Killer downloaded, there are applications out there that will tell you what is using your battery. It could be an application that is constantly running, it could be an application that is left running accidentally, etc. I recommend going to the Application Market and doing a search on the word "battery." This may help in determining the cause. 

I did check my references and I am not showing that what you describe has been reported as a known issue. 

Please post back with any results. 

Best regards,

No I do not have any task killers as I heard they can be can cause more problems than they are good. I have checked apps and found nothing causing battery drain and my battery just started getting real bad in the last week without adding any new apps.

0 Likes