Can I get help with new LG G2 (Android Phone) and 2013 4Runner Stock Radio/USB?
jeffjcalweb

Hello, I just switched from iPhone 4s to LG G2. When I connect to the LG to my 4Runner's  USB port now the radio just displays "USB Error" and the phone acts like it is constantly being plugged/unplugged and keeps showing "USB Installer" on the status bar.

The 4Runner is the standard radio, not the Nav/JBL/Etune system. I really hope something as stupid as not being able to plug in my phone to my stereo is going to be the answer, if so, Verizon you owe me some $$$ and an iPhone...

Anyway if anyone knows what the answer is I'd really appreciate the help. Thanks!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Help with new LG G2 (Android Phone) and 2013 4Runner Stock Radio/USB
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey there Jeffjcalweb,

I'm sorry for the issues that you are continuing to have with your LG G2 connecting to your 4runner. I'm not familiar with the set up of the 4runner so I would recommend reaching out to both LG and your local dealership to check on compatability.

NicholasB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jeffjcalweb, congratulations on your upgrade to a new LG G2 device! It appears that the 4Runner's USB is not recognizing that your device is connected. Did you recieve a message that suggests that you need to download additional software to enable this compatibility? Tell us more so that we can better assist you.

LasinaH_VZW

0 Likes
jeffjcalweb

Hi - no, I have not seen anything to indicate additional software is needed. The phone status just says "USB Installer"; I have tried each USB connection type and none of them allow result in the phone being recognized and able to be selected as a music source. Given the iPhone 4s (my previous phone) was working on the same radio, its more than annoying/disappointing to be not able to have a new phone do the same thing. If there is some software/app needed I'll install it on the phone but seems like this is something that should just work, like every iPhone has worked for the last 4 years.

Thanks,

Jeff.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey there Jeffjcalweb,

I'm sorry for the issues that you are continuing to have with your LG G2 connecting to your 4runner. I'm not familiar with the set up of the 4runner so I would recommend reaching out to both LG and your local dealership to check on compatability.

NicholasB_VZW

0 Likes