Can't remove Facebook app from my phone!!
mtcos

I'm trying to remove the Facebook app from my phone.  I can see it in my list of applications, but when I go to my application settings to remove the app it's not there.  Any idea how to get this off my phone?!

0 Likes
Re: Can't remove Facebook app from my phone!!
tbo27
Master - Level 2

Have you checked all the different tabs in app mgr? Usually fb app doesn't come with the phone so you should be able to uninstall but if it's nowhere to be found may need factory data reset

mtcos

Thanks for your reply tbo27.  I have checked under all the tabs in the application settings.  I remember downloading the app about a year ago, but in the list of applications it appears as though it was a factory install not downloaded.  I may need to make a trip in to Verizon to see if they can remove it.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

If the App is a Factory Loaded app then you won't be able to remove it,  there's a possibly of disabling it but as I mentioned if the app was included in the apps package it's not removable.. here's one way to find out go to your settings  >>  then Apps Look for Downloaded if it's there then it has been updated through the Playstore.. You can enter into the app in this section & Un-install it..

Once you've done that,  it may remind you that it is now at Factory Level..  To find it further back out of were you were and then got to the Top of were your Downloaded apps are you should see other options like running apps and or All  click on  All  then scroll up if you come up on Facebook in this section then as I mention it's at factory level and can't be Removed..

Hope this Helps b33

0 Likes
mtcos

Thanks b33.  After doing what you recommended it does appear this was installed at a factory level and does not give me the option to uninstall.

Thanks for your help!

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Your Welcome..b

0 Likes