Cannot Send Text Messages to Short Codes?
Michael_S_Pollard

I keep getting account updates from someone's bank account. The short code 454545 is sending me text messages for pretty much any account activity for this person. I've tried texting "Stop" or "Help" (as instructed by the messages sent to my phone) and I get a "Send Failed" notification for my phone. I've called the bank to stop the texts, but I'd like to fix the actual problem.

This problem exists for all of the short codes I've tried. 32665 (facebook), twitter, all of them. How do I fix this problem?

0 Likes
Re: Cannot Send Text Messages to Short Codes?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Michael,

I hope your weekend is going well. I want to ensure we're able to clear up any concerns that you may have with short codes. Have you ever blocked premium messages during your time with Verizon Wireless? This may also block short codes. You can change features via My Verizon. http://vz.to/1bCWKjE

YosefT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Michael_S_Pollard

Yosef,

I do not have premium messaging blocked. I checked in the My Verizon site,

plus I am able to receive messages from short codes. It's just that

whenever I try to send a message to a short code, it fails.

Mike

On Sun, Feb 23, 2014 at 12:32 PM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We definitely understand your position Michael S. Pollard. Unfortunately short codes are not related to VZW. Often times errors will occur as short codes are not always meant to be responded to. Are you able to send/receive normal text messages? Please keep us posted, thanks!

MatthewS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes
Michael_S_Pollard

I am able to send regular text messages. This particular short code

(454545) says to respond HELP or STOP, and when I try, the message fails to

send. I cannot respond to Facebook or Twitter's short codes either. It is

clearly not the code that is the problem.

Thanks,

Mike

On Feb 25, 2014 3:28 PM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Michael.S.Pollard,

We want you to be able to respond to short code messages. So I can further review all features on your account please follow and send me a private message. I look foward to working with you to get to the bottom of this messaging concern.

LindseyT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Richardalexander40

I am having problems sending and receiving shortcode txt. I can send and recibe regular txt. I think i igjt have blocked them but don't know how to unlock. I'm using Samsung  Galaxy  S6.

0 Likes
deloused
Master - Level 3

Usually the 'premium sms block' feature is the cause of that. You can remove from your account online or by contacting cs.

0 Likes