Compatible printer
edryer

i have tried a number of different email apps including the stock one.  I actually like the stock email, but i have not been able to print directly from email.  i hold and 'share', select print.  the phone finds my brother printer on my network, but when i select it, the phone reports it is an incompatible printer.  How do i find out what are compatible printers?

0 Likes
Re: Compatible printer
Not applicable

Unfortunately printing in android is not that stable. I use an app called Printer Share Premium which costs money. there is a free version but the paid one has up to date drivers installed all the time. Even so many do not print email. This app only prints from GMail, I have never found one that prints like the Apple iOS devices natively alas.

If your printer has an app like Canon and HP do, they also don't print that well except for photos. Email etc. not supported.

Again its a real bummer but there are apps out there you just have to find them.

Also remember your device and printer have to be wireless (air print supported) and both must be on the same wifi network. They cannot be mixed matched.

Good Luck

0 Likes
Re: Compatible printer
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can also try the Google Cloud Print app. I have it working with a slightly older printer.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes