Constant GPS problems
takesone1221
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello,

I am having problems with gps on my phone. I am on my first replacement from Verizon and am having the same issues as the original.

I will eventually get a lock, but will get a notification saying GPS signal lost in the middle of navigating with Google Maps. I have also noticed that it has trouble figuring out which way I am heading. Lets say my google maps has me going north, my arrow might be going north but it pointed West. Seems all screwed up.

Read somewhere that Verizon got a bad first batch of phones in regards to the gps chip, anyone know if that's true?

Re: Constant GPS problems
RSHoughton

I have the same problem and Verizon eventually dumped me into the LG Corporate Customer Support queue.  Help on this issue was dismal and the problem has not been solved.  A "certified new" used phone had the same problem so I just sent it back to Verizon and kept my new phone.  But, after the resets and all the trouble, the GPS started working again.  I don't know if there was some update pushed down or what but the last couple of times I have used GPS it locks in seconds which is what it did when I first got it.  I hope that it keeps working because going through technical support at Verison is useless. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Takesone1221,

Let's get your GPS pointing in the right direction! Make sure Verizon Based location services is turned "off" and Google based location services is turned "on". Ensure Wi-fi & mobile network location is enabled http://vz.to/1bj5R7g

Thanks,
PamelaF_VZW
Tweet us @vzwsupport

0 Likes
takesone1221
Enthusiast - Level 2

Unfortunately that didn't do anything for me. Still will loose my gps signal during navigation. This is quite frustrating with gps being crucial to my work.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I completely understand your concern and want to make sure that this important feature is working! Have you tried to restore the device? Do all GPS applications work this way?

I am looking forward to your reply so  that I can help!

Thank you,

LenaA_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
takesone1221
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello,

Yes I have tried a factory reset. And all appawill loose the gps signal at some point or another. I have downloaded a gps monitoring app that shows what satellites you are connected to, and the number will just drop from 12 to 3 randomly. Then a little bit later will just back up. Makes it near impossible to use any navigation app.

0 Likes
KathyH_VZW
Verizon Employee

Thanks for attempting the hard reset to resolve your issues takesone1221. Let's try safe mode because there may be an app on your device that could be causing issues with the GPS. I recommend enabling the safe mode and adding each application one at a time to test each application for GPS problems. Here are the steps http://support.verizonwireless.com/support/devices/knowledge_base.html/87334/ . Please keep us posted. Once you're done, you can disable the Safe mode function.

I also would like to apologize about the previous message that was incomplete.

KinquanaH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
Constant GPS problems
RSHoughton

It's not just her phone, it's all G2 phones.  Mine was working then stopped working then started working again.  If I am stopped it will start moving and recalculating my route, that is when I am stopped.  Even when you are locked in and going straight down a road it will randomly tell you to turn or exit.  I have had it tell me that I am at my location when I am on a freeway.  I have been using GPS with Verizon for 2 years before I got the G2 and have had no issues at all.  This is specific to the G2 and needs to be addressed.  I have reset, reconfigured and replaced my phone and there is no change. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

RSHoughton,

I am sorry to hear that you are having problems with GPS on the device. We would want you to attempt the same thing that Kinquana stated. We would want to run it in Safe Mode. http://support.verizonwireless.com/support/devices/knowledge_base.html/87334/ are the steps. We would want to enable each of the GPS enabling applications one at a time and test it. I know this will resolve your issues.

RobinD_VZW
Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
redwood18

Just tried your suggestion on my 2nd LG G2  phone and I get no GPS connect.

Tried Google maps then  Google+ Location and  Verizon Navigator.  Nothing

GPS just blinks and navigator sez no GPS/

Any other suggestions is appreciated.

0 Likes