Constant Rebooting
motgol

For some reason, my revolution keeps rebooting even after I got a replacement phone.

It happens only in certain areas only, and one of the areas that happens most severely is my home.

It is so bad that we can't even use the phone at home at all.  It just keeps rebooting every 30 seconds.

I did many factory resets and SD card formatting.  But, nothing seems to cure this problem.

I am not even sure getting the 2nd replacement phone would do any good.  I am on GB 2.3.4.

Anybody else has this issue?

0 Likes
Re: Constant Rebooting
bulldog69
Contributor - Level 2

All the time and VZW just wants to send another junk Revo out

0 Likes
hyperducky

Bulldog you must need to talk to the right person.  I just got a Droid Bionic sent to me from VZW after 2 bad Revolution replacements.  However the revolution has left a bad taste in my mouth and I'm planning on sending my revolution back and buying an iphone and selling the Bionic to make up some of the cost of the "new" used Iphone without a contract.

0 Likes
cdel715

My LG Revolution recently started doing this same thing this week. I called Verizon and they instructed me to go to the Verizon store in town. I went to the store and they restored my phone to it's original settings and I am still having this problem.  Thing is, when I am in town it works perfectly fine, however when I am home, the phone constantly restarts uncontrollably and is not usable, which is entirely inconvenient. I am in Louisiana.

0 Likes
bulldog69
Contributor - Level 2

Your right Hyperducky the thing is to talk to right person. I finally did after many trys and I'm going with the Droid Razr. My two year contract date was August but they are letting me get upgrade early because of problems and I told them I paid cash full retail for Revo which I have had since June. It should not have taken this long for the right person. I will use Razr until the IPhone 5 comes out if it ever does. Thanks for your input

0 Likes
motgol

So, I had my 3rd LG Revolution sent by Verizon.  The exact same thing.  I actually had to get out of the house to set it up.

I went to the store again this morning, and guess what they said... another replacement.

I refused to get a replacement.  I wasted about a month sending back and receiving the replacement phones.  The store told me that I could not do anything other than sending me another phone and recommended to contact the customer service over the phone.  The rep on the phone was nice and courteous enough to transfer me over to "Advanced troubleshooting team".

Now, I was expecting more technical questions and support from this group.  Guess what I was told.  They asked me to upgrade my phone by paying another $200.No technical question whatsoever.

I just paid $150 to get this phone in October and they want me to spend another $200 to replace a phone still under warranty? When I said no, the "advanced" technical person on the phone told me that there is a $100 HTC phone instead of $200 ones.  If this is what they called "advanced troubleshooting", no wonder they could not resolve my issue.

Only think I could say was just "wow".  They really are good at sending their customers to another carrier. 

People, don't even bother with VzW. they just don't care.  If you are up for upgrades or thinking about moving over to Verizon, don't even consider.  I just talked to their "Advanced" technical folks whose only technical knowledge is knowing that they have $100 phones if people refuse to upgrade a 4 months old 4G phone for $200.  Technical my ***.

0 Likes
gdwlaj

Both my wife and I have the LG Revolution and had the same problem with our phones re-booting constantly for the last month, sending/receiving multiple texts, and dropping calls.  Verizon sent us two like-new (refurbished) phones last week and had the same problem.  I called tier two support with Verizon and came to a conclusion it must be a software issue.  I decided to trouble shoot on my own since Verizon and LG couldn't come up with a solution.  Where I live I am on the edge of 4G service.  When I go to an area that has only 3G, my phone worked fine.  I changed my network setting from LTE/CDMA to CDMA only.  Since doing this, I have not had any issues with my phone constantly re-booting itself.  When I changed settings back to LTE/CDMA, my phone would go back and re-boot.  Try setting the network to CDMA and see if that helps.

0 Likes
mrusso

gdwlaj - I am not that much of a phone techie but have the same reboot issues - mostly at home where I am on the edge of a new 4G service area.  What does switching from LTE/CDMA to CDMA only do; prevent 4G access speeds?  Where do you change it on the revolution?

0 Likes
gdwlaj

What changing to CDMA only does is it won't search for 4G/LTE networks.  Go to Setting - Wireless Networks - Mobile Networks - System Select - Network Mode - and click on CDMA radio button.  Or you can download a free app from Droid Market called LTE Switch and it will take you directly to the switch.

0 Likes
dakotamagic
Enthusiast - Level 2

Mine was doing the exact same thing along with having may other issues. I just bought this phone in October and am very disappointed with it.

I took it in to Verizon and they "wiped it clean." They said this would resolve the issues. I left the store and it shortly started doing the same thing - constantly re-booting. I called customer support and they sent me a "like new used" phone. Long story short, it had the exact same issues. I went into my local Verizon store again today and they are now sending me another replacement, but now I am getting a Droid Razr.

0 Likes