Constant Software/ Drivers Need to be Downloaded
hyperlite76

Hi All,

I have an issue that's driving me crazy. 

Everytime I plug my phone into my computer (HP Laptop, Windows 7), the computer has to download a driver.  Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't but It constantly is attempting to retrieve information to communicate with the phone.  Sometimes is can see my pictures, sometimes it can't. 

Also, everytime I connect to my phone via wired connection, the LG software license window pops up asking me to download software.  Mostly I say no because now it's just a waste of time.  But I used to say yes.  It goes through some downloads and then brings up a verizon screen asking me about back up assistant.  The button for download desktop version does not work.  As well, neither does the downloaded LG software.

I have been on the LG site and have downloaded and tried every driver I could find.

Is this a window 7 issue?  One of the error messages I get is between a bluetooth service and windows?  Is this one service screwing up everything else?

It's terrible.  My old iphone had no issues as there was a simple interface (itunes)  I have no user interface with this phone, nor does it work right when I plug it in. 

Lastly, would these software/ driver issues cause a problem with the phone charging?  It takes hours and hours to charge.  But in my car in takes a very short about of time.  I'm sure it's something to do with the computer processing an electrical signal.  It seems very particular.  Anyhow, any insight is appreciated.

Thanks

0 Likes
Re: Constant Software/ Drivers Need to be Downloaded
Not applicable

The phone will always charge slower on a PC because the USB ports do not have as much power

0 Likes
hyperlite76

thank you sirguy.

I'll check that off the list and it makes sense.  The interesting thing about my phone and maybe it's defective is that even when I use all of the LG cords, adapters and wall units it often gives me the slow charge symbol or states it won't charge because i'm not using LG stuff.  It's weird.  So far my best luck has been with a blackberry wall unit and my verizon car unit.

0 Likes
n3xusfan
Enthusiast - Level 3

I had issues with my first g2 always getting the popup about slow charging and only using compatible chargers. Haven't had issues with my replacement device.

0 Likes