Data Service cutting out
mikegrahamjr
Enthusiast - Level 2

I would say that almost daily I have to reboot my phone to reconnect data service.  I am convinced that it is related to the fact that I commonly connect and disconnect from WiFi and/or bluetooth.  After I disconnect from either of these I also disable them using the power feature.  I could be wrong about that correlation, but it is all I could come up with.  I have tried briefly going into airplane mode and out and that does not appear to help.  I will try waiting longer, like a minute, but ideally I should not have to do this.  I have checked to ensure that I have a data signal for 3G or 4G in the network type strength and have even tried disabling / re-enabling data in the mobile networks settings.

The only thing that always works is to reboot.  I feel like it is getting worse and I am hoping that someone is having a similar problem and has a better solution.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Data Service cutting out
mikegrahamjr
Enthusiast - Level 2

I may be the only one reading my own thread, but I wanted to post the most recent info.  I may have stumbled on another contributor to the problem.  I often leave my phone plugged in while at my desk / in car / at home becuase of the rate of discharge for this phone.

One thing I noted today is that the USB connection setting was setting itself to Internet Connection, rather than Charge Only.  I thought I had fixed this setting long ago, but I have set it correctly again now so I will see if the data connection remains today any better.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
mikegrahamjr
Enthusiast - Level 2

So I had it occour today intraday as well.  This time I set the device in airplane mode for >5 mins and then turned it back on.  that seemed to reset the data connectivity.  So possibly this is a workable circumvention.  Still disappointing.

0 Likes
mikegrahamjr
Enthusiast - Level 2

I may be the only one reading my own thread, but I wanted to post the most recent info.  I may have stumbled on another contributor to the problem.  I often leave my phone plugged in while at my desk / in car / at home becuase of the rate of discharge for this phone.

One thing I noted today is that the USB connection setting was setting itself to Internet Connection, rather than Charge Only.  I thought I had fixed this setting long ago, but I have set it correctly again now so I will see if the data connection remains today any better.

0 Likes
ArnettH_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello mikegrahamjr,

Thank you for posting your concern on the community forums for assistance. I can assure you that you are not the only person that is reading your thread. May I ask what software version do you have on the LG Revolution? There has been a recent update to this device as of 10/28. If you haven't done this update then I encourage you to do so. I have posted a link below for you on how to perform the update on your device.

http://support.verizonwireless.com/system_update/revolution.html

Once you have completed the update, please retest the data connection issue again and post your findings. If the results are positive then we can celebrate with kudos to you. If the issue still persists, then we can look into additional troubleshooting steps to reach a solution for you. I'm looking forward to hearing from you soon!

Thank you...

0 Likes
mikegrahamjr
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have completed the update and have not had the data service drop issue.

However, I do believe that the USB setting forced to Charge Only, had more to do with the resolution than the upgrade.  I did not have any issues for the 36 hours following that setting change and before the update kicked in.  That was a record in itself.

Though I must say that I am very happy with the battery usage since the upgrade.  I dont know what has changed, but my battery time is dramitically improved.

So now the rumors on the Honeycomb ETA can start in erarnest  :smileywink:

0 Likes
hrich83

I have had the same problem. I have to reboot my LG Revolution at least 3 times a day in order to use the internet. My phone constantly freezes, forecloses, turns it's self off frequently. I have the visual voicemail and I am unable to access that half the time. I have a hard time getting the phone call portion to work as well as the text messages. I have done the update that you spoke of and I am having a worse time than before the update. I have tried to do a factory update numerous times and I really don't want to have to do this again. It is irritating when I am paying for this service and I can not use it half the time. I have pictures, games, apps, and things on here that I do not want to loose again by having to do a factory reset. How do I fix this issue? I have had the same issues with the Xperia through Verizon. It this problem a Verizon issue or am I being screwed by the phones I am getting????? Please Help me! I am ready to cancel my Verizon service and move to another provider. This is so disappointing.

0 Likes
lilmissmedic
I am in the same boat with you guys. My phone constantly drops internet, force closes, freezes, reboot at the worst times, etc.. also my phone will say Verizon wireless when getting an incoming call and then no ring at all, its very annoying.
0 Likes
hrich83

Just wanted to let everyone know I did another factory reset last night and now nothing at all works on my phone. I took it to Verizon and the only thing they can do is offer me a replacement. My question is how many times am I going to have to exchange this phone before I can find one that actually works? I exchanged the Xperia 3 times then finally was able to get the Revolution instead of having to stay with the Xperia. Now I'm having the same problems with the Revolution. I'm starting to wonder if the problem is with Verizon and not the actual phones??

0 Likes