Data service n/a notification
Lmeyer1987

SSo I've reached my data limit and have data turned off, but this stupid notification keeps popping up telling me that it is off and that visual voicemail will sync once it's turned back on.  This notification keeps popping up about every second and it is causing my battery to drain very fast.  Also I noticed that when I have wifi turned off as well the notification stops. Any ideas on how to get this to stop happening? I don't want data turned on.

0 Likes
Re: Data service n/a notification
bean2951

Hi any answer on the no data service n/a

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Visual voice mail requires data.  I would disable VVM.  The notification about mobile data is a requirement by the OS.  Too many apps were able to just turn on your data and away the use went.  My best practice is using My Data Manager.  I limit the usage by 2gb / 31 days.  i set a 60-66mb limit daily.  saves data by turning off the mobile data at that point.  you can then turn it back if need be. 

0 Likes
JLiRD808
Enthusiast - Level 1

Wow...Nov 2015 and this is still a problem! I literally get that stupid message 20x a day...my thumb is getting tired of swiping it.

I've tried going into the Voice Mail app's settings and even disabling notifications, and it STILL SHOWS UP!!

Long-pressing the notification and going into "app info" then unchecking "show notifications" does nothing also.

Anyone try "Force Stopping" the app? Would that turn off our VM lol??

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

You have to enable Data or either remove VVM from your account and use basic VM.

0 Likes