Deleting multiple messages in Gmail
timbreblue

I just upgraded to a Revolution and in the store, they synced my Gmail. Unfotunately I had thousands of messages in inbox and Picasa. I have since cleaned out my inbox on Gmail-computer.  How can I get these thousands of emails and pictures  deleteed from the phone without a factory reset? (There are some ringtones I paid for and don't want to lose) Thanks!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Deleting multiple messages in Gmail
Wildman
Legend

timbreblue wrote:

I just upgraded to a Revolution and in the store, they synced my Gmail. Unfotunately I had thousands of messages in inbox and Picasa. I have since cleaned out my inbox on Gmail-computer.  How can I get these thousands of emails and pictures  deleteed from the phone without a factory reset? (There are some ringtones I paid for and don't want to lose) Thanks!

If you removed the emails from pc gmail all you have to do is open gmail app on phone and select Meni / Refresh and the account should update to the pc info.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

timbreblue wrote:

If you removed the emails from pc gmail all you have to do is open gmail app on phone and select Meni / Refresh and the account should update to the pc info.

0 Likes
timbreblue

Thanks!  I'll try that! Do I have to move all my photos out of Picasa?

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

timbreblue wrote:

Thanks!  I'll try that! Do I have to move all my photos out of Picasa?

Those are seperate items and should not have anything to do with the other, unless I missed something on this subject..

0 Likes
timbreblue

Sorry, I was not clear: It also uploaded about 5000 pictures into my Gallery from Picasa and I sure don't need all of them on my phone!

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
Do you want any of the pictures from your picasa account on the phone?

If not, check your Google account sync settings and see if you can uncheck the sync for the picasa portion of the Google account. Go to settings > accounts & sync > your Google/gmail account

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
timbreblue

Thanks so much for helping me with this. I don't really want the Picasa pictures on the phone -- I unchecked the sync to Picasa so it would stop uploading them (there are 15,000 on the computer!)  Now I've moved all my photos OUT of Picasa on the computer and am trying to decide whether to recheck the sync box and see if that will erase the ones on the phone. What do you think? I just hate using all my phone memory with pictures I won't ever use on the phone.

0 Likes
Not applicable

timbreblue wrote:

Thanks so much for helping me with this. I don't really want the Picasa pictures on the phone -- I unchecked the sync to Picasa so it would stop uploading them (there are 15,000 on the computer!)  Now I've moved all my photos OUT of Picasa on the computer and am trying to decide whether to recheck the sync box and see if that will erase the ones on the phone. What do you think? I just hate using all my phone memory with pictures I won't ever use on the phone.

Thanks Wildman and Ann for your help!

Timbreblue, if the pictures are no longer in your Picasa account, they should be removed once you sync again on your phone.

0 Likes