Does a poor performing phone require me to keep it for the 2-year contract?
Bleusby

I got the LG G2 in 2014 based on great reviews, but the battery life and signal is so poor I want to trade it in.  I don't feel like I should be stuck with a device for 2 years that has poor reception and battery life when paying for the most expensive carrier out there.  Anyone have suggestions how to handle this?

0 Likes
Re: Does a poor performing phone require me to keep it for the 2-year contract?
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Did you sign up for the Edge program? If you did then once you pay off a certain % you CAN trade it in. If you did not sign up for the Edge program then you're out of luck. You're past the 14 day return policy.

Have you tried to do a reset of the network to see if that helps improve the signal? Pull the sim card out for a minute and put it back in? Go to Verizon for a brand new sim card? If that doesn't help you can try a reset of the phone, just remember to save any important documents you have. As for the charging issues that seems to be part of the lollipop disease. The best thing you can do for that is just try to improve your power usage and close programs running in the background.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Bleusby,

Let's get your phone working right, and bring back the love for your phone. How long is the battery life on your phone? Is the signal issue affecting voice, data, or text? How long has this been going on? Where are you located (zip)? What software version do you have on the phone http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-87449/?

If you upgraded with a two year agreement you will be eligible for an upgrade after 24 months. If you are on Edge you can Edge Up to a different phone as long as you have meet the Edge Up requirements.

JohnB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
ripoffByVerizon

Call the Texas Attorney Generals office (or whatever state you are in) for method to register a service fraud complaint.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

ripoffByVerizon

ANd how is this fraud?   Simple answer:  it isn't. 

How can a service complaint be lodged when the problem is with the customers equipment ?

The problem may be able to be resolved with a factory reset.

And the phone wasn't made by Verizon, but by LG.  Warranty service and repair is covered for one year. 

jamesdixn1
Enthusiast - Level 3

I think they give you a certain amount of time to return it for a full refund after purchasing it.

I don't think it's very long. after that you're stuck with it. on the positive side it's probably not the hardware but the software. The GPS is notoriously bad on the lg g2 but the antennas are reasonably good.

0 Likes
jamesdixn1
Enthusiast - Level 3

When Verizon forces updates on Customers they are accepting liability for the software. if its a software issue then they're responsible.

If they allowed people to opt out of updates that would be a different issue but they don't in the long run. they eventually force updates. that should be illegal if phones are private property which they are.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

You can attempt Early Edge, but that is your only option outside keeping it till 2016. 

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

No fraud was committed by Verizon.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

You have 14 days from date of purchase or activation.  Restocking fee applies.  After that, it's yours.

0 Likes