Droid Revolution Email Push
CAinAZ

I can not figure out how to stop the automatic email push for either my outlook emails or my gmails on my LG Revolution. The only option seems to be to limit the number of mails to sync with 50 being the minimum. Also, I cannot figure out how to change the sync timing to set it at a longer interval to save on battery. A Verizon rep in the store tells me I cannot change this on the LG but it seems there must be a work around. Anybody have any ideas??

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Droid Revolution Email Push
AnthonyTa_VZW
Verizon Employee

CAinAZ,

I would be more than happy to explain how to change the push and sync settings for your LG Revolution!  Once you are in the Email Account Inbox, press the "Menu" key, then "Account Settings" and there will be option for "Retrieval interval".  If you want to disable the Push technology totally for the email account, you can go to the main "Settings" screen, then select your email account and "uncheck" Sync Mail option.

Let me know how this works for you!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
AnthonyTa_VZW
Verizon Employee

CAinAZ,

I would be more than happy to explain how to change the push and sync settings for your LG Revolution!  Once you are in the Email Account Inbox, press the "Menu" key, then "Account Settings" and there will be option for "Retrieval interval".  If you want to disable the Push technology totally for the email account, you can go to the main "Settings" screen, then select your email account and "uncheck" Sync Mail option.

Let me know how this works for you!

0 Likes
PD20784

Tony -- I do not see the Retrival Intrveral selection - on mine where else can i look..

0 Likes
sackettyrel
Why is this marked as solved? The instructions you gave are incorrect. Those options dont exist in the settings. Right now the only way I get email is to manually sync it and there are no settings to change it.
0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
It may also depend on how the email account is set up on the phone. The earlier instructions sound like what is available for a pop server account. Email using an IMAP server would be different. Gmail settings are also different in its own application then the regular email app.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
sackettyrel

Actually it is a verizon.net POP3 email account.  I have no settings at all for email fetch settings.  In addition to that, I am not getting any emails unless I sync them manually.  I previously owned a DroidX and I had settings available for push or whatever interval I wanted.  This seems like a major oversight on LG and Verizon's part.

0 Likes
Jimenez_520
What if my phone locked and I forgot my gmail account and password what do I do than
0 Likes
Jimenez_520
Can someone help
0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
Try www.google.com and sign in to the account that way. There should be options for forgot password or forgot email address.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
janice4545

Still looking for help on the multiple email being pushed

The directions given were no help ANYONE!!

0 Likes