Error when trying to view vids on Facebook on Revolution- Have to force close
bulldog69
Contributor - Level 2

Have to force close when trying to view a video on Facebook that was posted with phone. Youtube vids work great it's just not working with ones that were posted by phones and it has worked since I got the phone about a month ago

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Error when trying to view vids on Facebook on Revolution- Have to force close
AZSALUKI
Legend

use the mobile site (m.facebook.com) as it is much batter than the app. look at the rating and the review of the app and you'll see why you have problems. it's just not stable.....and the recent update is awful. if you creat a shortcut to the mobile site on your home screen, then it's almost just like using the app, except that it works.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Error when trying to view vids on Facebook on Revolution- Have to force close
DionM_VZW
Verizon Employee

bulldog69 wrote:

Have to force close when trying to view a video on Facebook that was posted with phone. Youtube vids work great it's just not working with ones that were posted by phones and it has worked since I got the phone about a month ago

Hello bulldog69! So, these videos you're trying to watch. Were they posted using your phone or someone else's phone? Are the videos viewable using a desktop/laptop computer?

0 Likes
bulldog69
Contributor - Level 2

DionM_VZW wrote:

bulldog69 wrote:

Hello bulldog69! So, these videos you're trying to watch. Were they posted using your phone or someone else's phone? Are the videos viewable using a desktop/laptop computer?

The videos are posted on Facebook that someone else posted from phone  and my own. It is friends videos which always worked on Fascinate and vids work great on computer. I think a few days ago was able to view one and today same thing have to click force close and even tried using our wifi and same problem. Pulled battery and restarted no luck. So far vids on YouTube work great on Revolution

0 Likes
bulldog69
Contributor - Level 2

Still have problem and VZW employees reply once and do not respond to what they say! What gives still have problem and no answers?

0 Likes
DionM_VZW
Verizon Employee

My apologies. We're not always able to reply in a timely manner. I will certainly work to change that! Thank you for your answers. It sounds like we've isolated this as being an issue related to Facebook. If you have activated or are actively using the Facebook app on your phone, I would recommend removing and the app and trying to view the videos by navigating to the page using the device browser. 

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

use the mobile site (m.facebook.com) as it is much batter than the app. look at the rating and the review of the app and you'll see why you have problems. it's just not stable.....and the recent update is awful. if you creat a shortcut to the mobile site on your home screen, then it's almost just like using the app, except that it works.

0 Likes