Everyone doing OK since the 27A update yesterday?
Snn5
Legend

Any issues or changes worth mentioning?  I took the update, though it is mainly for the HD Voice VoLTE feature.  I don't use data so this is of little use to me, but there were GAPPS updates as well.  Very minor overall.

0 Likes
Re: Everyone doing OK since the 27A update yesterday?
Snn5
Legend

Please be aware that many  Android "sources" such as Android Geeks and a few others have mislabeled this as a 4.4.4 update.  Our G2s stay at 4.2.2.  There will be no other KitKat updates.  We will go straight to 5.0.x. 

stef7
Master - Level 2

Snn5, didn't even know the update was available. Thanks for letting people know!

Minor correction to your post: our G2s are on 4.4.2 (4.4=KK), not 4.2.2 (4.2 and 4.3=JB).

VS980 V27A Enhancements

http://www.verizonwireless.com/dam/support/pdf/system_update/benefits-g2-1-12-15.pdf

Advanced Calling

Advanced Calling 1.0 - Verizon Wireless - Verizon Wireless

(note the comment there about audio quality and dropped calls).

FAQ on Advanced Calling

Advanced Calling FAQs | Verizon Wireless

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Yeah, I would have corrected that, but for whatever reason I cannot edit, delete, or any option once posted.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Snn5 wrote:

Yeah, I would have corrected that, but for whatever reason I cannot edit, delete, or any option once posted.

There is a five-minute window after a post is left where you can edit or delete the post.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

I wish there was.  I am unable to instantly.  No window for me.

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

Agreed. The forums are pretty restrictive in that regard. But that didn't lessen the significance of the availability of the update. Anyway, the version thing just is confusing for most people anyway. I remain one of the few people that thought the device was in someways better under 4.2. Ahh progress.

People should read the FAQ carefully w.r.t. Advanced Calling, specifically Video Calling (which counts against one's Data). Also, I've read of others experiencing dropped calls, and people recommending to turn off the feature. People need to be mindful after enabling if they experience issues.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

I have been a loud speaker against this HD madness since Sept 2014.  I miss and drop calls still.  And thats after disabling and removing the feature.  I had hoped this update might fix that, but no matter...I have 1 GB data plan and would never use it as to use the HD Voice even, one must have data enabled, which I do not.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

I'm just basically riding out this contract at the lowest possible rate price until I can make better choices based upon more informative sources.  But, until then we must help those who Verizon won't or cannot.

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

It's too bad you're having problems with your LG G2. For me it's been rock solid. The ONLY dropped calls I've had occur when I'm talking with my mom, and she's forgotten to return the portable phone she has to the charging cradle and the battery just goes out.

For me, the KK improvement over JB just didn't seem to materialize, and the Voice Dialing which occurs over BT when connected to my car's BT went from VERY GOOD to VERY VERY POOR with KK. Speaking of things that went from VERY GOOD to VERY POOR, Google Maps went down (very much so) in quality. It was rock solid, but when they merged the iOS and Android look and feel, it just wasn't the same.

0 Likes