Re: Everyone doing OK since the 27A update yesterday?
Snn5
Legend

Only thing I can think of is that when you say "OK Google"  it cuts off the other sounds and speakers so that the mic can pick up your voice.  How GVoice integrates into the mix IDK.

0 Likes
dea1002

The 'No Service' issue is back to stay this morning.  After an overnight charge, unplugged and booted, and the phone shows 'No service'  2 consecutive power.volume down resets did not fix. Plugged back in and it reboots instead of charges when off.   Taking it to the store this morning.  

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Did this start after the 27A update or has this been going on for a while and you were hoping this update would fix the service and reboot issues?

0 Likes
dea1002

the No Service began after the update.  I took the phone to our local store, they tried a new sim, which was not recognized. After a factory reset the sim was still not recognized.   My service issue is possibly hardware vs. firmware/update related.   Though the phone worked without issue prior to the update.    The replacement will arrive in a few days.  Using a RAZR MAXX that I've had in between.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

I miss my Razr Maxx...and unlimited data plan.  But yeah, I've replaced my G2 after every update except this 27A.

0 Likes
nathanrieland
Enthusiast - Level 1

Since the update, my LG G2 Knock-On feature no longer works correctly. Now my phone will knock-off, but not knock-on.  I've done a factory reset, checked the touch screen for sensitivity, and calibrated the sensor. 

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Well, I know there is an app that mimics the knock feature like is used with other launcher apps.  I'd say wait till the 5.0.x update comes and maybe it gets kicked into working, but IDK when that will come, only that it will.  If that's you're only present problem, you might wait till then.  If you can't then you might still be under warranty and definitely are if you have extended warranty.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

I have noticed that Quiet Mode is intermittent with how it activates some days and doesn't on other days. I have the same time set for all 7 days.

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

Contact LG and complain. I think this has burned others. You'd probably have to update the firmware in the device, but I think we don't have the access to do so. Some people I believe have given themselves super user access by modding their phone do they could install a service menu app that would allow updating the touch screen firmware. Doing so however boss the warranty. Research it.

Tell LG you want a new, not refurbished phone. Good luck.

Snn5
Legend

The Quiet Mode will work for months at the time before failing and has done so since I bought my first G2.  3 more later and it is still a here and there kind of error.  Thought all was fine after the 27A update until recently.  It's not a deal breaker for me though.  LG will not replace with a new phone.  I gave up long ago on that.  I also understand that the warranty process uses refurb phones and knew that going in due to experiences in the past several years with defects.  I am familiar with the mod community and have strayed far from that as there is almost always a guaranteed chance of mishap.

0 Likes