Fix for LG G2 not sending or sending photos via MMS?
SamuelLDrew
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just upgraded my phone after five years to an LG G2. Everything on it is great, which comparatively doesn't mean much when it comes to my old phone. The only problem is that I cannot send or receive photos via MMS. I used the default messaging, Hangouts and Verizon Message+, and none of them resolved the issue. I did the "hold down the Home button and clear the apps" thing and the "clear and disable Google+" thing, and neither fixed the issue either. I read that a lot of people starting experiencing it after the update to KitKat 4.4.2, but is this the root of the problem. Is there a patch or update coming? This is a serious crock if LG, Verizon, Google or whomever is responsible doesn't solve the problem.

Tags (2)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Fix for LG G2 not sending or sending photos via MMS?
Jimmyz74
Enthusiast - Level 3

A fellow Verizon community member found the fix.  Simply go to your VZ PROTECT app.  Touch the settings icon.  You'll see a switch that says scan sent/received messages.  Turn it off.  That's it! One also suggested turning off the switch right beneath it which will turn off app scans when they're being installed.  I didn't find that necessary.  Some might.  Good luck!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
mullaneyrm9801
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm having the same issue (as are hundreds of others...just do a google search).  After speaking to two different Verizon reps and trying every suggested "fix" on every forum I've come across I've come to the conclusion there is no fix.  I was told one is "in the works" for September!  I don't plan to stick around for it.  I'm still in my return window!  Good luck!

Jimmyz74
Enthusiast - Level 3

I've had same problem and not one person from Verizon could fix this.  After a little reading, I found there is a messaging app called Textra in the play store.  Works perfectly now! The app happens to be a nice setup as well.  Try it out and let me know how it goes.

Death2Verizon
Enthusiast - Level 3

I pay too much money for a phone with native apps for me to justify downloading one just to use my phone as intended.

SamuelLDrew
Enthusiast - Level 2

I agree that there is no justification for native apps not to work as intended, @Death2Verizon. But, @Jimmyz74's solution works perfectly. I actually like it more than I do the native messaging app.

0 Likes
Death2Verizon
Enthusiast - Level 3

Be careful with your headphone jacks as well. I'm on my second G2, had it about 3 weeks now, had to factory reset 3 times in order to send MMS and pictures, and now the headphone jack is going out. AGAIN. Last phone the jack started messing up, bought a new pair of headphones thinking it was just time for a new set....nope..phone eventually got so bad it disabled the microphone, so no one could hear me when they called. My "new" phone is already doing it. Went ahead and ordered some wireless ear buds since I'm gonna be stuck with this piece of crap until I can upgrade. So fed up right now.

0 Likes
Jimmyz74
Enthusiast - Level 3

A fellow Verizon community member found the fix.  Simply go to your VZ PROTECT app.  Touch the settings icon.  You'll see a switch that says scan sent/received messages.  Turn it off.  That's it! One also suggested turning off the switch right beneath it which will turn off app scans when they're being installed.  I didn't find that necessary.  Some might.  Good luck!

0 Likes
SamuelLDrew
Enthusiast - Level 2

I tried that, and it continues to say that the attachment exceeds limit.

Thanks though.

0 Likes
Jimmyz74
Enthusiast - Level 3

Interesting that your phone didn't change the outcome.  Everyone else has given positive feedback.  I have personal friends using Verizon and this fix worked for them too.  Maybe try shutting down for a minute after making the changes??  In any event, I used Textra before I was able to fix the issue.  Its in the play store.  I found it decent enough to use until the scheduled update sometime in the future.  Sorry it didn't work for you.  Good luck!

0 Likes
crazcajn
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just had the same problem.. I don't know what actually fixed it but I plugged it into my pc and it downloaded a device drive! Then it started working again! Hopefully that fixed it but I'll continue to keep you informed ok

0 Likes