Frustrated
o_O1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hey guys. I need to see if anyone can give me any answers. I keep getting disconnected from Tech Support (5 times. From a landline phone.) and I would rather not tear into an innocent tech support agent in my frustration. Okay here's the issue. I have a white LG G2. My 2nd G2. I had to exchange the first one bc the device would just randomly reboot itself for no reason whatsoever. This one has all of a sudden started losing signal (with a full five bars) and the device locks up after I lose signal. Clearly that's an issue. I have done 4 factory resets that didn't help anything at all. I have a friend and my fiance that both have the black G2 and have had ZERO problems with their device. Seeing as how I have had 2 white G2s now I am thinking for whatever reason they are defective. Maybe Verizon got a bad batch. Idk. I have the TEP and the phone is over the 14 day exchange in store policy. When (or if at this point) I get someone from Tech support and once they go through their steps before deciding my device is defective will they swap out this defective white one for a black one if asked? I would rather not roll the dice on another white one if at all possible. I am paying over $160 a month. I just want a device that works. I actually really like the G2. I just haven't had luck with the white model. Maybe I'm cursed. Idk. Can someone shed some light on this for me?

0 Likes
Re: Frustrated
Not applicable

You have a couple of options.

You can go into a Verizon wireless corporate store and let them get ahold of customer service and then they will send you a second hand phone (refurbished) which may or may not fix your situation. Do not give your device to the stiore for them to send back. Verizon will send a return label with the replacement. Hey you may get lucky. Also before sending back, take a scan of yiour labe and bring to the post office and go to the window and have them scan the package as in their system. also have them give you a receipt. This is to safe guard you for being told they never received it back.

You can contact LG USA http://www.lgusa.com and call the tech support number and have them first troubleshoot the issue, and then you can send to them or take to a local service center. This way you get your original device back. If they cannot fix it then you will get another one. You may change the color then.

Good Luck

o_O1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for the response. It turns out my Verizon store is awesome and they just swapped it right away. Smiley Happy

0 Likes
Not applicable

You know I am really starting to see that service is improving in the stores.

Now they have to work on telephone support!

Glad it worked out

0 Likes