Furious at loss of Voicemail under Global Program?!
Lorraine32000
Enthusiast - Level 1

We went to Europe for 10 days. I got a Verizon Global "loaner" phone because my iPhone 4 is not equipped for international calls. Verizon sent me an Android. when I returned to the USA, I re-activated my iPhone 4.  Today, I discovered that my saved VoiceMail messages (some very precious to me) were GONE GONE GONE.

I could scream.  I Backup my iPhone to my laptop via iTunes, but saved VoiceMail is not included in this iTunes backup.

Cry with me....what can I do?

--Lorraine in California

0 Likes
Re: Furious at loss of Voicemail under Global Program?!
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

When you originally switched to the iPhone, were you not told the Apple voicemail system is different from the voicemail system used on the rest of the Verizon Wireless devices? You lost voicemails when going from the VZW voicemail system to the Apple voicemail system so the same thing will happen when going from the Apple iPhone voicemail system to the Verizon Wireless voicemail system. You have to setup the voicemail as new after switching between the two voicemail systems.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Unfortunately if you didn't save your voicemails to a computer before swapping phones to a non-Apple device then your VM's are gone. As mentioned, you were using a VM system that is different than the VZW system so it does not work the same. If you swap between iPhones then your VM's stay with you but once you switch to a different type device then they are gone. You can try going to Apple Supports forums to see if there is any way possible to retrieve but I think you've lost them for good.

0 Likes
Lorraine32000
Enthusiast - Level 1

For the Global program, I was sent an Android. There were instructions on deactivating my iPhone and activating the Android. Then you reverse this process when you get back to the States.

No where did it say that I would lose my Voicemail from my iPhone upon my return.

Since iPhone backups don't cover Voicemail anyway, I guess I had no recourse.

Thanks to all who Commented.

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Iphone Voicemails are a completely different system so unfortunately you will lose them if you switch to an iPhone from a different device or vice versa.