G2 Touchscreen Issue - Erratic Behavior - No Response in a Week?
billyjk
Enthusiast - Level 3

I created this post a week ago.  I was hoping that someone from VZW would have weighed-in by now.

The concern over this G2 software defect continues to grow - now just the two threads referenced in my post have well over 20,000 visits from G2 owners.  There are countless other threads on this same G2 defect.

Isn't this enough to warrant a response?

Maybe just a "we'll look into this"?

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: G2 Touchscreen Issue - Erratic Behavior - No Response in a Week?
billyjk
Enthusiast - Level 3

We've declared success on this issue since the latest VZW update.

THANK YOU VZW!

See the XDA thread here....

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2521663

View solution in original post

0 Likes
laa125

I just rec'd my phone a few days ago and I have noticed that, too.  Thought it was just me, when I get a chance I am going into a store to find out why this is happening

0 Likes
B33
Legend

I would suggest this if a Factory Wipe doesn't fix the issue and your under the 14 day return I would go for something else, because if it goes past the time to return it you'll be stuck with it the Duration of the contract. and some updates can take 2 to 3 or 6 months before there released.. so just a heads up Smiley Happy b33

0 Likes
billyjk
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks for the responses.  Like many other G2 owners, I've already done Factory Resets and have returned my G2, just to get another one, along with the realization that this G2 software defect is likely to be across the board.  It's based on usage patterns.

See this thread.  Just read the initial post - it summarizes all aspects of this defect with YouTube videos and much more.

It's just not as simple as resets and returns.  We need LG and VZW to recognize this issue and address it.

0 Likes
billyjk
Enthusiast - Level 3

With all due respect to the Techs in your local stores, the chances that they know anything about this is at/near Zero.

Even if you get another one that is "perfect", your usage patterns will surface the same defective behavior.  Maybe not in the first hour, or first day, but it'll come back.  Many of us have already been there.  It's a software defect.

I bet when you saw this defect, you were very active on your G2, scrolling in your browser, switching apps, running a video or two.  This is a usage pattern that the G2 cannot handle reliably.

Read this thread....

... before you go wasting your time replacing or looking for answers from your local resources.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I want you to love your G2 as much as I love mine laa125! I've had nothing but stellar performance from my device and screen. What specific difficulties are you having with yours? How long ago did this start?

JonathanK_VZW
VZW Support
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes
billyjk
Enthusiast - Level 3

JonathanK:

Thanks for offering to help laa125!.  I hope she/he chimes in and gets the support they need.

I love my G2 as well - it's an awesome device.  Being in the software business, I am well-aware that issues always arise with software.  If the issue is deemed significant, it's the responsibility of the device manufacturer and/or software provider to listen to their customers, understand the issue and then resolve it.

This software issue is very significant.  One way to determine how significant it is, is to look at the top technical media channels and see what kind of "buzz" the issue is receiving among G2 owners.  This is a great way to listen to your customers.  XDA and Android Central are two top tech websites.  Both have very active G2 forums and this very issue is one of the top defects being discussed, world-wide.  This issue has hundreds of posts and over 20,000 read requests by G2 owners!

Just read the initial post here:

...and you will get all the info you need to understand the issue that laa125! has, and all fhe rest of us have.

Please pass this issue to the "Customer Care" or "Tech Support" at VZW.

We want to hear that VZW not only cares, but is willing to do something about this issue.

-bk

0 Likes
krickatthedisco

I recently sent my original G2 in for a warranty replacement, my new one is working great! I haven't had an issue with the screen jumping or any of that nonsense with the new one. I'm only on day 2 but if it starts happening again I'll definitely get back to you guys.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the information you have provided.
We also appreciate you taking the time to do the resets and even as far as replacing the device.
I'm sure it is aggravating.

I want to go ahead and forward your information to the software team so they can do some testing.

You mentioned it is based in usage patterns. What does that mean?

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
linksmask1

I'm having the same problems with my G2 as can be found in that XDA thread or in this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4QOMB8UTx4

In my experience, it first takes a decent amount of constant usage (scrolling on web pages for example) for 10-15 mins straight, and then only sometimes the bug will appear. Once the problem appears, it will stay until the screen is turned off an on again.  Very frustrating.

0 Likes