G2 bad sim reader?
tabletuser_blogspot

Just got my G2 and neither included sim card will connect steadily.  It did intermittently connect long enough to get the new firmware.  I went into the local store and they are in the process of returning a batch of G2, seems like a recall.  Works great on wifi.  Either way, anyone else experience sim card issues?  I tried the trick of putting tape on the back end of the sim card so it presses on the contacts better, but that didn't solve the problem.  Also swapped from Global to LTE/CDMA and that didn't help either. 

0 Likes
Re: G2 bad sim reader?
Tastiestbean

Yeah you are not the only one. I had the same issue where it would completely drop connection and attempt to connect again fruitlessly. I was told by a Verizon store employee that there would be a "software update coming soon" to fix the issue. Whenever soon is....

0 Likes
tabletuser_blogspot

My first G2 I order online, today I took that one into the second store and they swapped it out, but that one did the same thing (third sim card).  Big batch of defective G2? I'm in Virginia, maybe east coast supplier? I'll try later next week for another swap.  I believe the G2 is the best phone Verizon currently has, so will to wait for working model.

0 Likes
Tastiestbean

Perhaps. I bought mine at the store and it worked great. Went to work seemed fine. Got home no dice. I drove around town with it on my daily routine and it would loose signal in certain parts of town consistently and almost in the exact same areas. Very odd. I absolutely agree spec wise its one of the best and it has nice features (albeit similar to some of Samsung's). I ended up trading it in at the store and in all honest I don't think the people at the store believed me because they told me this was the last time I could trade phones. But I got the S4 today via wrangling and I honestly like the experience better. Seems more "complete" I guess. The G2 is zippy as fuck, but I had it overheat on me and it wouldn't do things like turn on the LED as a flashlight (it popped up with a message literally saying the phone was too hot to turn it on, wish I took a screen shot) and it would randomly shut off (which I imagine is a consequence of overheating). Verizon's tech support has no answers although I will say they were 2 very nice ladies whose names I can't remember. LG's tech support is clueless as hell. That's my 2 cents.

0 Likes
tabletuser_blogspot

Seems that there is a bad batch on the east coast, all three stores I visited in Virginia have bad ones.  Spent another hour today trying different things out to no avail.  They mentioned that LG Rep had came by earlier in the week and mentioned known issue and possible work around, but they didn't have his card. 

Anyone know how to get intouch with an LG Rep about this issue?

0 Likes
tabletuser_blogspot

What LG Support replied:

Thank you for contacting LG Electronics.

We apreciate ypu like our products bust in regard this big Inconvenient we want apologize.

as you tried several times and several stores probably its something else taht does not allow you to activate device, we can recmmend take phne back to the place ypu get the device because it's just new device.

Once again thank you for contacting LG! In case you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to contact us again either via email, or by calling our customer service division at your convenience. Have a wonderful day!

0 Likes